Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air-cooled owners feeling left out on the rebuild front?

GT4

Nordschleife
In case you don't wonder into the depths of the Lego thread, I though I should add as its own notice to the air-cooled brigade.

It is apparently Limited Edition - so for the benefit of the target audience, Mods please don't delete again - thanks.

Spend Christmas building your own engine! (possibly only suitable for years 1963-1997, always wear sandals during assembly)

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod133840/Porsche-Flat-Six-Boxer-Engine-Construction-Kit-00004491106/

00004491106_LR3.jpg

I'd rather have £99.99 worth of Lego...

Have you watched the video when it's switched on...? It's worse than finger nails down a blackboard... :eek:

C.

I can confirm i have watched the video.

Sounds like flux capacitor malfunction.

Sounds much like my shredder when i put too many secret papers in at once.

I wouldn't recommend these kits

I bought the water cooled M96 version and the IMS bearing and a cylinder liner broke when I turned it on

When I complained they told me it was an unheard of problem and the kits are designed for maximum realism, there were no spares available I had to buy a complete new kit.........rip off!!

:hand:

I was interested so watched the video, that sound of the engine put me right off plus they can't even spell cylinder correctly :roll:

I'm fitting a sound symposer as my first mod

I can imagine Madalaa building one of these filling the swear box up as he goes :grin:

I'm sure he has a tonne of Euro coin tips* going spare :roll:

* marginally preferable to a run off or vomit on the back seat

Please DO NOT talk of vomit in the back of the cab at this time of year ......... just about got rid of the smell of the last "upchuck" which happened a couple of months ago ....... :(

Oh ...... the f'ckin joys of driving a cab ........ :(

p.s. ....... and yes the "swear box" would be quite full by the end of the project build ...... lol ...... ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back