Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to manually score my bores ?

seeforez

Barcelona
Just reading all these threads how inevitable borescoring is and how happy everybody is once its happened and they get a rebuild i'm thinking is it worth removing the risk, worry and inevitability and forcing borescores or some other catastrophic failure. On the basis its going to happen very soon anyway at least you could make it happen at a suitable time and in a controlled manner - almost take control of your destiny.
I'm suggesting adding 2 cups of pea gravel to the next minor service but i would be interested to understand if anybody else has considered this and what would be there preferred mineral or composite?
Another bonus is saved money by reducing future oil top up and future borescopes with the initial outlay of £1.99 for the gravel its a no brainer really ? :?: :?: :?:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Back in the day when the best security on offer was window etching we had a small hand sand blaster which blasted fine grit against the window with some numbers in front to etch a number into the window ..

I can confirm a small amount of that grit when poured into the engine via the oil filler cap will destroy an engine in about 25 miles :D

Perhaps a small amount of sand might have a similar result !

It is interesting how ever that one post can cause so much .. er .. " interest " shall we say :)

Easier to just remove your expansion tank cap, stop worrying and drive these cars like they're meant to be driven :lol:

ps. Your heater may stop blowing warm air after continuous use.

double ps. Beware of being tarred "one of the air-cooled brigade"

That would be less expensive Alex :D

How about adding a tin of Grinding in Paste in with the engine oil, could grind crank in and valves at the same time as your driving, etc. :grin: :eek: :floor:

It'd also get rid of scored bores.........liners and all.

MMMMM WONDER WHAT Baz and co will do when we all end up in Tesla's, and if anyone is going to tell me they get borescore as well, they will be getting a marrow up the jaxy :eek: :eek: :floor:

Followed a TESLA home this afternoon. Barsteward pepper me car with electrons!

:floor: some great ideas here, sounds a bit like an idea for a top gear experiment..minimum amount of sand to destroy a 997 vs number of faulty Moll batteries to fry a Tesla

I thought that, on the Tesla, you just waited until the batteries fry themselves. It will happen to them all. It is just a matter of time. :)

I recently saw a short video of the Pike's Peak race, where the Tesla ran well, but was 'beached' on a bed of ice between runs to cool the batteries.

Having typed this, I am not sure of its relevance to the OP, but wondered if lead shot would work in a more gradual manner. Be a bit more effective fired from a gun.

Johnd52 said:
I thought that, on the Tesla, you just waited until the batteries fry themselves. It will happen to them all. It is just a matter of time. :)

I recently saw a short video of the Pike's Peak race, where the Tesla ran well, but was 'beached' on a bed of ice between runs to cool the batteries.

Having typed this, I am not sure of its relevance to the OP, but wondered if lead shot would work in a more gradual manner. Be a bit more effective fired from a gun.

:floor: :floor: see the thread "my 997 is in for a rebuild due to been shot with a shotgun " and how many will post " that's going to happen to them all" :floor: :hand:

Look's like another case of Tesla electron dashing :nooo:

maxresdefault.jpg

:grin: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back