Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TESLA P100D vs Porsche 997.2 911 Turbo S

The Tesla certainly clawed back quite a gap at the end... must have been checking his emails when the lights changed!

Must be an considerable advantage to not have to change gear at all.

I'm surprised the tesla didn't have that. As others have said probably not so quick pressing the GO pedal. Best out of 3 would be interesting.

How many full bore starts can a Tesla do before it's performance starts dropping off?

I hear those cars do all their damage 0-60 but after that the performance drops off considerably. Also as soon as the batteries get hot it also affects the power.

Tesla, still a load of *****. :D

apollokre1d said:
I hear those cars do all their damage 0-60 but after that the performance drops off considerably.
When I test drove the P85D that was certainly my impression.
Seriously quick off the line (for a 2.2 tonne car!!) but over 60mph it felt more like 400bhp than 700bhp.

Shaoxter said:
apollokre1d said:
I hear those cars do all their damage 0-60 but after that the performance drops off considerably.
When I test drove the P85D that was certainly my impression.
Seriously quick off the line (for a 2.2 tonne car!!) but over 60mph it felt more like 400bhp than 700bhp.

Good to know :) How did you find the handling?

Very good actually, the batteries are located under the floor so helps lower the centre of gravity. Ride is good, brakes are good, steering is lacking in feel as you would expect but as overall package it's a very impressive car. Remember it's a 7 seater that does 0-60 in 2.8s!

If they do £200-300/month lease deals on the Model 3, I'm getting one. Makes a lot of sense if you live in a city.

Right you are it is 7 seats so still very impressive performance.
Great to be able to have both types of cars.

I think EVs dodged the Chancellor's latest grab on employee benefits... so they make a lot of sense leased via salary sacrifice.

The EV market will look increasingly interesting as the major manufacturers get in on the act.

Aston are launching an EV, Jaguar look close to production with the i-Pace. And of course Porsche with the MissionE. VW have slunk off with their tail between their legs post 'Dieselgate' and are focusing on EVs to try to salvage their green credentials.

Its interesting how many manufacturers are lining up to take part in Formula E too. Odd that Tesla aren't having a go!

My neighbour has just bought a Tesla. Took me out in it and its fantastic :eek: Not sure on the longevity of trim fit/finish but the extras and driving aids, including the benefit of defrosting/cabin warming via the App whilst he's still in bed is a bonus.

I was watching it defrost as I was scraping the ice off mine and breaking the icicles off my nose :what: Charging distances dont work for me.

As a neurosurgeon he used his head with this one :grin:

Interesting point, how does heating work? Presumably it must have inefficient electric heating?! Or do they still have a form of water cooling that can supply conventional heating via a matrix?

The return of Marty Wild said:
Interesting point, how does heating work? Presumably it must have inefficient electric heating?! Or do they still have a form of water cooling that can supply conventional heating via a matrix?

Both.

When the car is in use (enough use), the heat exchanger loop (engine/generator - battery heating/cooling) is tapped, when not, electric heating.

Although in reference to your terminology, technically, resistance heating is 100% efficient (all the electrical energy converts to heat) - so a long way from "inefficient".

But I guess you mean if, as whole system, the car did not recycle waste heat from the drive systems, which it does too (when there is excess heat).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back