Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which tyres? 996TT

3point6

Silverstone
That's my Turbo put to bed for the winter. It's at this point between now and March that I get it ready for next season - mot, service and any work required etc..

I need tyres. Currently rolling with Conti's, my rears are shot and the fronts are low.
What brand is recommended? Should I go same again or??

I replaced my Sport Contact 2 rears with PS2s and there was a noticeable improvement in grip and reduction in noise - they are quite an old tire design and your fitment gives you a bit more choice I think?

Last week I was out with a mate in his 997.1 GT3 which has Super Sports (non N) on and the grip was impressive in mixed conditions - the new model is the PS4 S. His 996TT ran a few different tires but he always went back to Michelins.

Just my 2p! Happy choosing.

I'm waiting for the release of the Michelin ps4s in January.

Mine's on Michelins, can't fault them. I don't rate the old Pirellis at all.

Ran it on Cups last year and they were excellent, especially at £109 each for the rears :eek: an offer we'll never see again I suspect.

If i'm going to replace all 4 tyres, i'm thinking maybe a good time to upsize to 235/40 and 315/30.

I currently run 16mm spacers on the rear. Would I have a problem with rubbing if I put 315's on with 16mm spacers?

Jpitshanger said:
I replaced my Sport Contact 2 rears with PS2s and there was a noticeable improvement in grip and reduction in noise...
Ditto. PS2s work nicely on the road, wet and dry and also do a reasonable job on track.

I've been running Sport Contact 2 on my Turbo for as long as I can remember (also have them on my Carrera) - I find them incredibly good wearing and am happy with how they preform!

+1 for Michelin PS2s, but might be worth waiting to see what the consensus is with PS4s in January if you can wait.

Paul_911 said:
I've been running Sport Contact 2 on my Turbo for as long as I can remember (also have them on my Carrera) - I find them incredibly good wearing and am happy with how they preform!

I've run them on my current 996 turbo and my previous 996 C2. They're good and much better than the Pirelli's which I had on the C2. Most of the positive votes seem to be for Michelin's though.

orangecurry said:
3point6 said:
If i'm going to replace all 4 tyres, i'm thinking maybe a good time to upsize to 235/40 and 315/30.

Good grief - why?

Well, I thought amongst other reasons they may help increase the size of my testicles?
:dont know:

Other reasons were some extra fatness/appearance and grip?

When I bought my car it had P Zeros, when I replaced I fitted standard size PS2's
The difference was night and day.
The P Zeros were pretty worn but the car used to slide relatively easy at not much warning.
The PS2 gives such a nicer feel, in a way they feel softer and a lot more grip. There is so much more feel and as such no nasty breaking away because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back