Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So the 997 S is the sweet spot?

!

Ofcourse it is.

Most people can't tell the difference between a 997.1, 997.2, 991.1 & 991.2!
And the 996, although great value car, has ugly lights.

The last person to compliment my car genuinely couldn't believe my car was 11 years old, and thought it was a year or two old.

Agreed, I think the 997 is the sweet spot as it looks and drives like a modern car (satnav excluded) has hit more or less the bottom of the depreciation curve and a car that as the article says is most of a GT3 and a proper Porsche for early mid 20k.
As I said in another thread recently on more than one occasion people have thought mine was a circa 100k car :eek: most are in disbelief if I tell them its a 10 year old car and they can be had for £25k to £35k. :thumb: :grin:
99% of non Porsche people cannot tell the difference between a 997.1, 997.2 and 991. :thumb:

As I am due to take delivery of my first 911 on Saturday it's brilliant to see the 2 above posts! :) Happy days!!!!

The article was a little short though.

Monkeynutz said:
As I am due to take delivery of my first 911 on Saturday it's brilliant to see the 2 above posts! :) Happy days!!!!

The article was a little short though.

MN make sure you post your review of the first drive of your new toy. I have have mine for nearly 4 years and its my daily and I enjoy every drive in it . they really are lovely cars , you will be grinning big time mate :thumb:

I've been super happy with my 997 over the last year, it's loud, it's very fast, ultra grippy and super low - 'low' in the low centre of gravity and wide stance sense of the word low. I love the visibility, the driving position, the steering feel and the response.

I had the pleasure of taking a new colleague home yesterday, as he's between licenses (he doesn't have a new UAE license just yet). I was just tootling home - there are speed limits and cameras! - but he said he was impressed by the cornering: you can just nail it coming out of the corners and sweepers and use all that traction to fire up the road. There's nothing else like it. All the other cars would be fighting with their differentials, trying to allocate the power. Such a great feeling. :grin:

Definitely the sweet spot - the 997 Carrera S. Mine is 12 years old and looks like it a nearly new motor. Get compliments from a lot of folk in more expensive metal.

In my biased opinion the 997 is also the best looking modern 911. The 997 Turbo is a thing of beauty. I don't feel the same of the 991.

Agree that most folk haven't a clue about the variants. When I replaced my Cayman with the 911, a few people asked what was different other than the colour!

SamUK said:
whats a 991 :D

It's like the 996 but with better headlights.

Well I can honestly say owning a C2s has certainly hit my sweet spot. :grin:

Also if you dont mind me adding to this thread, you will get loafs of looks from people to the point you may start feeling alittle embarrassed if your not used to it but its pure fun, then when thee girls start starring you know what you have.. its magnet!! :)

J

Phil 997 said:
SamUK said:
whats a 991 :D

It's a dead one of these 166 .....:grin: :coat:

Alfa Romeo 166 - now that was a car. Any true petrolhead has to own an Alfa. :mechanic:

And be able to fix the electrics on an Alfa.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back