Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DVLA Auction - 993TT reg sold for...

ad64

£28000
plus registration fees etc

Madness!
The thing is at a car show, or private ground there is nothing stopping someone putting 993TT as a show plate on their car.

I appreciate you can't drive it on the road, but without a tax disc who is to know the plate isn't real?

That would be called "cloning"...

Always thought "911" or model designated plates are "trying a little too hard" IMO.
Much prefer initials or tongue in cheek plates.

That price is madness!

C.

wpozzz99zSS said:
Madness!
The thing is at a car show, or private ground there is nothing stopping someone putting 993TT as a show plate on their car.

I appreciate you can't drive it on the road, but without a tax disc who is to know the plate isn't real?

Except if I wanted to put a 993TT plate on my 993TT I could do that irrespective of the DVLA actually releasing it.

I blame Porsche for making the 993 Turbo and some mentalist on a forum deciding two turbos needed a two T's designation (especially as there was no single Turbo option, and risking TipTronic users getting confused).

It's lucky they didn't have a 996VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :D

cableguy said:
Always thought "911" or model designated plates are "trying a little too hard" IMO.
Much prefer initials or tongue in cheek plates.

That price is madness!

C.

The biggest problem is it stops you getting a GT4 ...

I always assumed the TT stood for Turbo Tiptronic like on the 996?

MC

When I read this I imagined That Mr Thomas Tompkinson had boughtt it for his cherished 993 Targa Tipronic

Turbo owners are a lot more careful with their dough - preferring to pay the DVLA £250 for a plate ending in 99ETT as an, ahem, friend i know has done... :)

MisterCorn said:
I always assumed the TT stood for Turbo Tiptronic like on the 996?

MC

TwaT

(not you, the abbreviation)

AndyS said:
GT4 said:
Except if I wanted to put a 993TT plate on my 993TT ..............

Did I miss something Paul - when did that happen?

Ah, "IF".

That'll be the hypothetical.

Sorry, my next Mezger will be a bit newer than 1997.

Crazy price - guess we can search that plate in a month or so and see if it's actually been put on a 993 turbo....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back