Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Time for a 997, selling my cab.

Les

Sao Paulo
Thought I'd do a blatant bit of advertising.

I've seen a nice 997 (3.8S cabriolet), and I'm now thinking of making the jump.

I've had mine for 2.5 years and spent £12K on it and although it's a great car, you know when you just fancy a change... So I've stuck mine it on autotrader for £14,995

As I've met a lot you, I won't spin you a story. Mechanically it is rock solid, but if I was fussy and wanted perfection, I'd paint the front bumper, and maybe referb the wheels. Hence the price.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif..._medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

dot think it will be long before it sells, nice car, best of luck with the sale :thumb:

Good luck with the sale Les, hope the new car serves you well.

Good Luck with the sale :thumb:

3.8 997 (is that a 997.1?) ! Have you a death wish for engines blowing up on you :dont know:

Love the fact that your picture of the car is parked on the NO PARKING grid :cop: :lock:

Good luck with the sale and BEST of luck with the new car, you've earned a good run I think :)

I'm thinking surely I cant have 5 engine rebuilds in 5 cars..... luck has gotta change sometime.

Well Les I was nearly tempted by you 996, looks like a great buy for some lucky sole :thumb:

The thing with 911's (and being on here and in the owners club) people get to know you, so you cant sell a dog.

Mine could do with a bumper respray and a new coat of paint on the wheels. Apart from that you want fault it.

Good luck with the sale Les and I hope you have a bit more luck mechanically.
I can't help but think that there are safer options to hedge your bets on :grin:
but hey, if you have an itch, scratch it. :thumb:

wibbaboo said:
Love the fact that your picture of the car is parked on the NO PARKING grid :cop: :lock:

Hi Les, I am just trying to help.

As mentioned above, regarding pictures.

Can you not post up the 10/12 pictures of the car all in one location :dont know:

It just makes the advert look a bit 'messy' in a way.

I can't see the car hanging around long at that price/condition anyway so you may not get time to :floor:

GLWS :thumb:

That's for the heads up, I've removed some and added a few more.

Seems a bargain and I hope you find it a new home soon. Good luck on the 997 - of all the people on here you deserve a break and get a decent one.

Done it.

Picked up a 997.2 3.6 PDK today.

First things that stood out driving it. it has that modern car feel, much more comfortable and as fast as a scalded cat.
Found the DFI engine to be a bit more noisy - more like my old air cooled, and PDK box to be amazing.

First job is to fit some GTS rear lights (thank you ebay) as mine have some condensation, and some new wheel centre caps. Then a fresh service and we are all good!

until it blows up....

Screen_Shot_2016_11_29_at_10_29_23.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_29_at_10_30_20.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_29_at_10_29_31.png

Screen_Shot_2016_11_29_at_10_30_30.png

I guess it's a big :bye: from in 'ere then?

Ace car mate! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back