Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Beauty is priceless

elee

Sao Paulo
Just reading a thread about how quick a 993 sold , and again about there values . Better then "this or that" " £50k or £150k " . I brought mine Purely on its Beauty and looks ,which is priceless to the beholder,which is all that matters. If I had a million £ ,I would buy another one . It is perfection for me .

Attachments

• img_1401_998.jpg
    img_1401_998.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 6,323
This is obviously a post-modern meta-composition, where the juxtaposition of the very prominent multiple choice "Public Footpath" signs are a reference to the many and varied ways one may set off on one's path in life (albeit slowly and by definition, lacking in a definitive destination), but then the artist, by placing the iconic Type 993 variant of the evergreen 911 fully front and centre, forces us to conclude that the very point of the work is that the only automotive steed, indeed, the only one Porsche, for the journey is the last of the air-cooled.

Once we realise the two "OUT" signs are facing towards us, we see that the implication is that the 993, as subject of the piece, is very much "IN" (both an allusion to its European roots and the ease at which in its day, entire continents could be driven without a single fence or wall to restrict our freedoms, and the current, possibly ephemeral, trendiness of the vehicle - this is also writ large by the artist's choice to use the wide-body model as his vehicular focal point).

The desaturation of the eponymous "Post-Box red" outside the safety and security of the provincial car park setting can only add to a suggestion of emasculation for any of those who find themselves "OUTSIDE" the air-cooled circle, and that the artist is worried the message might not get through.

The inclusion of a lychgate and generic religious obelisk looming in the background only increases the viewers unease about their own mortality and their final destination irrespective of the road they actually travel (that anxiety heightened by the fact we can't see the sign that points away from the viewer on the far right).

The overarching message we can realistically infer from the composition is that it is only through the reassurance and comforting of a 993 close at hand that we can truly traverse the journey through life.

GT4 said:
This is obviously a post-modern meta-composition, where the juxtaposition of the very prominent multiple choice "Public Footpath" signs are a reference to the many and varied ways one may set off on one's path in life (albeit slowly and by definition, lacking in a definitive destination), but then the artist, by placing the iconic Type 993 variant of the evergreen 911 fully front and centre, forces us to conclude that the very point of the work is that the only automotive steed, indeed, the only one Porsche, for the journey is the last of the air-cooled.

Once we realise the two "OUT" signs are facing towards us, we see that the implication is that the 993, as subject of the piece, is very much "IN" (both an allusion to its European roots and the ease at which in its day, entire continents could be driven without a single fence or wall to restrict our freedoms, and the current, possibly ephemeral, trendiness of the vehicle - this is also writ large by the artist's choice to use the wide-body model as his vehicular focal point).

The desaturation of the eponymous "Post-Box red" outside the safety and security of the provincial car park setting can only add to a suggestion of emasculation for any of those who find themselves "OUTSIDE" the air-cooled circle, and that the artist is worried the message might not get through.

The inclusion of a lychgate and generic religious obelisk looming in the background only increases the viewers unease about their own mortality and their final destination (that anxiety heightened by the fact we can't see the sign that points away from the viewer on the far right).

The overarching message we can realistically infer from the composition is that it is only through the reassurance and comforting of a 993 close at hand that we can truly traverse the journey through life.

No doubt Brain Sewell would have held a similar view.

GT4 said:

The inclusion of a lychgate and generic religious obelisk looming in the background only increases the viewers unease about their own mortality and their final destination irrespective of the road they actually travel (that anxiety heightened by the fact we can't see the sign that points away from the viewer on the far right).

Do you write the explanatory notes for the exhibits at Tate Modern. This type of description sounds very familiar.

So is this another values/what's mine worth/for sale at the right price thread :roll:

Zingari said:
So is this another values/what's mine worth/for sale at the right price thread :roll:
not at all . I know what it's worth ,buy an offer I turned down .it would of put you to bed :thumb:

elee said:
Better then "this or that" " £50k or £150k " ....

I'm new here as I begin my search for a first class 993 coupe, but have to say not quite sure of the point of your post. Surely what would be "better than this or that" is to actually tell us what you paid for it against it's condition and mileage, thereby giving fellow enthusiasts a guide to current market levels.

Mike,
Kirk has had his 993 for quite a while now, (no idea what he paid for it, but it would be irrelevant now!).

What Kirk is saying is that regardless of whether people say good or bad things about them, or whatever they are worth, or compared to, it is the one for him, in the same way mine is the one for me.

I would only buy another Porsche rather than sell what I have.

GT4 said:

:worship: Superb.

elee said:
It is perfection for me.
Me too. Subjective I know, but if there is a more beautiful car than a WB 993 I haven't seen it yet. Especially in silver.

GT4 said:

Looks like a car in a car park to me :bandit:

:wack:

:worship:

Ps beautiful car :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back