Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

seeking some genuine cup wheels...

adrian993

I've purchased Rays car and currently giving it a bit of TLC..

on my list is a set of genuine cup rims,

looking for x7.5 fronts and x9 rears

if anyone knows of a set I would be very grateful.

Thanks everyone!

Cup I's are getting difficult to come by and commanding strong money now. Cup II's seem to work and look well and a fair chunk cheaper.

I have a set of Cup II's but if it's Cup I's you're after then good luck with your search. ;)

C.

7.5 is rather rare so best to aim for 7. I think I saw a set for sale in mainland Europe, pm your email if interested.

The 7.5s originate from the 928 i think... Any 928 forums maybe they are worth a try?

Well done buying Rays car Adrian, its a good car and very sensible money. Why the need for the wheel change? The MM wheels it has are virtually identical, in fact I prefer them!

ras62 said:
Well done buying Rays car Adrian, its a good car and very sensible money. Why the need for the wheel change? The MM wheels it has are virtually identical, in fact I prefer them!

Virtually identical, but they weigh an absolute ton

A common misconception, size for size they are almost identical :hand:

ras62 said:
A common misconception, size for size they are almost identical :hand:

No misconceptions at all, merely facts

MM 48kg a set

Factory 42.2kg a set

As a comparison the 996 10 spokes on my car weigh 35.4kg a set (lighter than magnesium cup 1s even)

You are using the weights for a 7 inch original wheel not a 7.5 as the MM. In 7.5 fitment both weigh 10.5kg. The MM 9 inch rears are 1kg heavier due to the offset which spaces the wheel out by 3mm filling the arch better.

Just have a penchant for oem products that's all, the wheels are in great condition and will be needing a new home soon so if anyone wants a good set of rims, mint condition, let me know!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back