Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number Plate & Interior LEDs

-- 997 --

Barcelona
What LEDs are used for the rear number plate? And alsomfor the interior?, any links would be great :wink:

Cheers

J

I bought a set off Ebay, not sure if the same as the ones in the link, they all worked and fitted fine with no issues.
Brightens up the interior no end.

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
This is what another forum member recommended to me . i just havent go aroud to ordering them yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271739897539?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks phil, ill orde the kit, also rear number plate LEDs, dont wanna get wrong ones which may throw error messeges, so would rather order the right ones that everyone else may have purchased that havent experianced any error messeges etc.

Cheers

J

got my local motorbits to supply and fit that no errors bright white light.

Thanks for your replys ill just order them to brighten the interior :)

Cheers

J

I fitted a set of LEDs similar to these 18 months or so ago.
Pleased to say easy to install without any errors and all are still working fine.

However the 2 x underdash lights to my eyes produced a rather spotty light - something to do with the covers on the lamp/LED holders which have an odd pattern of small squares on which focussed the light in patches.

Does anyone know of any alternatives which don't do this and have the correct fitment?
TIA

Jonno, Should have gone to specsavers mate :grin: :thumb:

Funny you should say that Phil, I do actually have an eye test later today!

jonno_ said:
Funny you should say that Phil, I do actually have an eye test later today!

:grin: Jonno That made me grin see if the have a pair that will make the car go faster :grin: :thumb: maybe some Porsche design glasses. 8)

seeforez said:
this one seems to show you the individual bulbs if you just want to change some, dont ask me which oneis which though as i have tried to figure that out already....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Interior-...813895?hash=item35e87da087:g:StUAAOSwcBhWVDgB

:?:

Buy CANBUS error free LEDs
Much cheaper to buy the LEDs rather than a KIT.
Make sure your original bulbs work, then swap out for the LEDs.
If the LEDs don't work first time turn them around as they are polarity dependent!
Not sure about 997,but have just changed these on my Cayman.
42mm festoon x2....frunk & boot lid.
36mm festoon x2....Number plate lights.
31mm festoon x4.... sun visor/vanity mirror.
T10 W5W x7......doors x2/footwell x2/glove box x1/central courtesy light x2.

hope this helps.

Taking this one step further, has anyone done their sidelights and foggies?

Really don't get on with HIDs matched with hideous orange bulbs up front.

@ tbrown - Thanks for the list, I am hoping to get a Cayman soon and would want to be doing the interiors as a matter of course.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Taking this one step further, has anyone done their sidelights and foggies?

Really don't get on with HIDs matched with hideous orange bulbs up front.

@ tbrown - Thanks for the list, I am hoping to get a Cayman soon and would want to be doing the interiors as a matter of course.

carreramonkey has done his sidelights in a thread recently not the led upgrade just changed the bulb to a white type so you cant see the orange through the lens.

Am I right in thinking its not so much the done thing in the Porsche world?

Over on the R32oc literally everyone has done a full LED conversion, inside and out.

I have been looking into it, figure I would do the fog lights and the sidelights for sure. Makes the car looks so much more modern. Was a bumper off job on the R32, way simpler on a Porker by the looks of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back