Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stolen 930 Turbo 2003

AmirRS

Hi All,

I was reading something the other day which has made me write this post. A man recovered his stolen car 15/20 years after it was stolen and funnily enough it was a 930 Turbo.

My dads car was stolen in 2003 https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-106603286.html , hit over the head, kidnapped, also tried to take the Ferrari 355 and 550 he had at the time. He is over this and deems the car somewhere on the road, it is very distinctive and contains certain features that determine it over other cars. Its more of a sentimental thing to get the car back or at least try because you never know!! I'm 21 years old now but was 8 at the time and always remember the distinctive smell, sound and warmth when sitting in the rear seats.

It was completely rebuilt by my dad and had some of the features below:

It was a Black RHD 1980 registration (602 AFD) 4 speed with a 1987 engine in.

- Car was Black with Red leather interior + red carpet
- Red Momo Steering wheel
- Passenger wing was Red painted black (filler cap spring was still red)
- Pioneer Stereo cassette with separate CD player in the front
- Porsche Technology Wheels

Chasis Number - 93A 007 01 34
Engine Number - 68H 001 22

Now I know its 10+ years on but sometimes with these things to put your mind at rest and accept its gone you need to do these things and still search for the car however because it was so distinctive it may still be out there? Obviously plates etc may be different but its worth a try! We can go and buy another but it won't be the same as our own one, like I said it was a sentimental thing to do so.

I will put some images up but as it was in 2003 they are all with disposable cameras.

There's a hefty reward the return of the car.

Any help appreciated,

Thank you for reading.

It'll more than likely be abroad, I worked in Albania a few years ago and the amount of British registered cars out there was staggering and all high value Range Rovers etc still with British plates on.

Good luck with the search... sounds terrifying, clearly a 'professional' gang- my guess sadly is either overseas, or worse still, broken for parts.

Robertb said:
Good luck with the search... sounds terrifying, clearly a 'professional' gang- my guess sadly is either overseas, or worse still, broken for parts.

Thanks Robert. We think it most likely is abroad or potentially here in the UK but who knows. It is a distinctive car which is why we're questioning etc.

pzero said:
Did the Insurance company make a payout?

Unfortunately not.. There was some complications at the time and the car was off the road for sometime before it was stolen.

AmirRS said:
pzero said:
Did the Insurance company make a payout?

Unfortunately not.. There was some complications at the time and the car was off the road for sometime before it was stolen.

Tough break.
Good luck with your search.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back