Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 - thinking of selling up

flipatron

Had my C4 for 3 years now, bit of an ongoing project but I'm not sure if I've got the time or motivation to finish it. It's been off the road for a few years and i've been slowly working through various jobs (brakes, H&R springs etc)
Body also needs a little tlc.

Separated from my wife 2 years ago so it's taken a back seat in my list of priorities.

Really in two minds, either finish it or just move it on. I guess it comes down to the value if I decided to sell?

Lovely looking 964 C4.

Manual or tip?
How many miles?
Engine rebuild?
Is it slate grey?
Black or grey leather interior?
What year is it?
Is there there rust?
What's the service history like?
Do you have the original 964 wheels?

Manual
134k ish
Original engine
Slate Grey
Grey leather
1990 (black inlet manifold)
small areas of rust, no rot.
Large folder of service history
I don't have any other wheels for it (are those 993 wheels?)

It's been valued at 33.5k back in May but just wondered what the actual market value is as I know the prices are all over the place.

Probably a fair value. You could ask for slightly higher but could take longer to sell.

It's a C4 which is cool, but a C2 is what people want (rightly or wrongly).

Original engine, so rebuild expected.

Slate grey is good, grey leather is OK (black would be better).

What are the small areas of rust, pics would help?

Yep those are 993 wheels, not D90's or Cup 1's.

You could try the Hagerty valuation tool. It gives £39.9 for my 964 C4, which matches its current agreed Insurance value. But I think prices have peaked and are starting to soften a bit. I was happy to accept an offer of £35K last week for my 108K mile C4 - I very much doubt I could have got much more.

IMO looking around £30k -£40k in the current market.

Around Christmas time, great for buyer never the seller.

Good to know the values are roughly what I'd thought. I'm just reluctant to part with something I've wanted to own since I was 15.

Rust isn't bad, just a few cosmetic areas on the rear arch and one front wing.

I should really get it sorted, got my eye on a set of original wheels for it and all the discs/pads/springs/service items area ready to go on.

what are the wheels worth btw?

Couple more photos: -

Looks like you are in two minds, about selling.
Why not fix those bits, you will still the car to enjoy
Also a car with less faults, easier to sell later on should you wish.
Will you be in the position to own one again?

It's one of the reasons I cannot sell mine.

I could never afford to buy one again, and start all over getting it up to a good standard condition wise.

Value has just gone up too much on a/c Porsche cars from pre 07 days.

If I had decided to sell I would try to fix the bits that need attention first at reasonable cost as I would imagine 993 buyers often know what they are buying and all that happens is that the will reduce their offer by More than what it will probably cost to fix the issues. I had three wheel arches done at £800 so £275 roughly for the one you mention.
Also, it's one of those, once they see something not sorted they question what else not sorted. Hope this helps. Good luck whatever you decide to do. :)

Doubt I'd buy another (or should I say afford to buy) If I decided to sell.

Does anyone know the exact wheel sizes and specs I'd need if I go for some Cup1 wheels?

flipatron said:
Doubt I'd buy another (or should I say afford to buy) If I decided to sell.

Does anyone know the exact wheel sizes and specs I'd need if I go for some Cup1 wheels?

Well clears that part up for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back