Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 rsr mufflers - too loud for a 98db drive-by limit?

badlands

Montreal
Have any of you guys with this setup attended a track day with 98db driveby limit and not been black-flagged for noise? They seem quite loud but maybe that's just the bassier noise vs. standard, rather than a volume increase.

It's Donington specifically, got pending invite from father-in-law to join him on a track day there later this month. Just got car back with new Bilstein PSS10s fitted so super keen to try them out on track before the winter sets in!

I have RSRs, sports air box and large tail pipes and I have had no problem at Goodwood ....... if that helps ...... :dont know:

Yes that really helps as it seems Goodwood is also 98db on most days

for reference, just back from Donnington 98db limit drive-by day, and the 993 was absolutely fine even on wot down the main straight. That's with the RSR-style mufflers and standard airbox + no engine tray.

for any 991 guys, stock 991 GT3 got black flagged twice pretty much immediately for noise, had to go home. Same with a new R8 I think. The 997 gt3 was fine.

I got black flagged there and sent home in a ST205 WRC Celica. I've measured my 993 at 102db at 3/4 throttle as a static test but not drive by obviously.

badlands said:
for any 991 guys, stock 991 GT3 got black flagged twice pretty much immediately for noise, had to go home. Same with a new R8 I think. The 997 gt3 was fine.

Interesting. I was at Bedford at the weekend and a stock 991 GT3 was black flagged almost immediately - my 993 (no cats - standard backbox, no undertray and motorsound airbox) was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back