Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

'Tis a thing of Beauty - Mexico Blue Cayman

Zingari

Now I want a Cayman. I want a 2.7 and I want PDK. Trouble is the 2.7 doesn't often crop up in a strong colour with the toys, the full cahoonas etc.......................then this turns up:

http://www.yorkshirevehiclesolution...yman/27-2dr-pdk/york/north-yorkshire/17197188
p5.porsche-cayman-petrol-coupe.jpg

OK it's got no PSE and it's not Dual Climate despite saying so (epic fail in my book and 'simple AC' wouldn't ordinarily get a look in).

Strong money - it wont sell for that as they've priced in the extras which as we know secondhand buyers wont pay the premium and dealers dont count them in beyond the basics :bandit: It'll take someone who wants all that spec with a 2.7 engine. Needs to lose weight by some 8+ bags

Only trouble is I don't want one now, I want one next winter as 15k business miles with my chalfonts and bad back won't survive those carbon seats :pc:

If someone buys it give me a bell in 12 months :thumb:

OPC Tonbridge have got this Miami Blue car in the showroom and it is nice - not as nice as Mexico though.

BUT ........ OK it is an 'S' but it's also £66k !!! :eek:

Considering the starting price for an 'S' is £48,834 that's :nooo:

Just buy another one to your spec Zingari, then get your man below stairs to have it wrapped for you in Mekiko blue...!

:grin:

That does look damn good.* :yes:

I agree that the lack of climate control is a big miss. I remember when I spec'd a new one a couple of years ago that it wasn't very clear that climate wasn't standard. I'll wager that quite a few buyers got a nasty surprise when their new car arrived.

*Apart from the black wheels.

What are your thoughts Zinger 's on the Boxster in the same colour which I believe is an Alderley Edge car?
I quite like it, something a bit different from the white/black/grey/silver that normally is the case

Seeing as we are looking at blue cars (my fav colour) thought I'd post this gem

OP have you driven the 2.7 pdk? I thought it was an ill suited combo..

isysman said:
Seeing as we are looking at blue cars (my fav colour) thought I'd post this gem

Is that maritime?

Senoj said:
OP have you driven the 2.7 pdk? I thought it was an ill suited combo..

Good point. Only the S so far.

I'd take a Boxster, which was my initial 981 purchase plan but realistically the times I'd have the roof down wouldn't give me the advantage over the tin top

Zingari said:
it's not Dual Climate despite saying so (epic fail in my book and 'simple AC' wouldn't ordinarily get a look in).

You's pass up a Cayman like this because it doesn't have Dual Climate? (whatever that is).

Kimbo said:
Zingari said:
it's not Dual Climate despite saying so (epic fail in my book and 'simple AC' wouldn't ordinarily get a look in).

You's pass up a Cayman like this because it doesn't have Dual Climate? (whatever that is).

Actually I wouldn't but I will when it's at least 8 bags over its limit :bandit:

(Climate allows you to dial in a temperature, put it in Auto and then it does everything for you by maintaining the temperature. I tried explaining how it works to my wife and daughter to prevent them wearing all the button paint off their cars. I've since learned a woman's mind is not able to compute or reason why when you request hot air with a cold engine you dont get any and then have to play 'what's my number' as you go from boiling to freezing at irregular intervals whilst wearing the paint off the buttons :what:)

This is my 2000 riviera blue turbo :) love it :thumb:

Attachments

• sundog_lotherton_hall2_188.jpg
    sundog_lotherton_hall2_188.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 9,161

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back