Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Could you delete please. Thanks

Wide Body

Personally I think there is no fear of you selling the car anywhere near that sort of money. A local dealer had a lovely guards red 964 convertible manual gearbox for sale for ages and it eventually went for £37K and it had only 76000miles.
The styling of your car( non standard) will make it very hard to shift but I could be totally wrong as I cant understand how anyone would part with money for a RWB cut and shut!

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it is not going to be to the purist taste as it is not a standard factory car, but alot of porsche have been modified and even though they might look standard to the eye, they are all different in some way or modified. I prefer my porsche to be different and different to the eye, it is not often you actually see a 964 on the road as many owners not all , are keeping them as purely investments . Thanks

modified

I think some modifications seem to be accepted ,suspension,engine but when it comes to bodywork, genuine Porsche aerokits/spoilers are one thing if the car can be put back to standard.
Just search for the thread of the guy near Edinburgh who fitted wide body sills to a narrow body car. The car looked okay but it was neither wide or narrow to most people and it seemed to be a nightmare to sell on. I am sure it would have sold much easier if it had been a standard car

Re: modified

stichill99 said:
I think some modifications seem to be accepted ,suspension,engine but when it comes to bodywork, genuine Porsche aerokits/spoilers are one thing if the car can be put back to standard.
Just search for the thread of the guy near Edinburgh who fitted wide body sills to a narrow body car. The car looked okay but it was neither wide or narrow to most people and it seemed to be a nightmare to sell on. I am sure it would have sold much easier if it had been a standard car

I suspect that being 'Cat D' and tiptronic played a more significant part in that one sticking around for a while. I thought it was a nice looking car.

good luck with the sale, but as has already said your price expectation really has no relation to the current market for 964s / 993s. Don't take the classifieds as guidance, most of those cars have been sitting there for months.

As a recent benchmark, my unmodified 964 C4 manual coupe with 117k miles & full service history sold via a dealer v quickly for aprox £35k. Private sale it would have gone for more like £31k or £32k. It also recently had a £12k top-end engine rebuild.

ok your car is a C2 and it is just under the 100k miles threshold, those are the positives. however a tiptronic is massive turn-off for most buyers, most also want a coupe and then there's all the bodywork modifications which need a very particular buyer....unlikely to be the same person looking for a convertible tip. If it was my car I'd be more than happy with £25k sold private but would likely expect more like between £20 to £25k........

wide body

I agree with Badlands. I would price at £25k but would be prepared to take less if you find a buyer.

Porsche 964 widebody c2

Hello, just updating some more pictures which were taken today after she had a quick clean.

Attachments

• 20170315_154546_192.jpg
    20170315_154546_192.jpg
    848.2 KB · Views: 6,301
  • 20170315_154659_217.jpg
    20170315_154659_217.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 6,301
That looks very smart. How much are you asking for it? Any more spec and history?

MC

MOD EDIT: New posts merged with original thread.

I think the car has some negatives and things that will put buyers off to be able to command top money.

Left hand drive
Modified body
Modified interior
Black lenses
Wheels ????

All of these items greatly reduce buyer appeal before they even think about service history and general condition, but good luck with the sale just don't get your expectations too high.

Good luck with the sale. First time i've seen a GT or RS rear wing assembly without the top element... Was it removed for aesthetic reasons or for the aero balance?

Thanks for you reply and feedback, the rear lenses have been changed to standard lenses as you can see in the last two pictures, I understand it is not going to be to everyone taste, but like myself I like to be a bit different than the norm. The center piece of the spoiler was removed just to make her look different, I have had quite a bit of interest in her just not been able to agree a figure, alot of interest from Europe. Thanks again

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back