Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 spotted £70k !

askgeez

Saw this via a Porsche page on facebook.

What a lovely car, with loads of ££ thrown at it .

http://www.tech9.ms/car-sales/porsche-964-c2-manual-restomod

Anyone on here :?:

Sorry if it's been posted before, i usually frequent the 997 board talking about oil levels and bore scoring :floor:

full_161019103744_4.jpg

I know the owner, he is on rennlist but not very active. Nice guy and car was pretty sorted when he got it a couple of years ago but Phil @ Tech9 has gone over it with some tasty mods and corcorse level of attention to detail. I think it's a bargain for someone looking for that level of detail. However as someone mentioned on rennlist if you want 4 pot calipers then move on as its not that kind of 964.

Unusual colour combo is the icing on cake.

I'm obviously missing something here..

Nice steering wheel :thumb:

You start with £45 for a very average C2, then you add a few K for the colour, then you add a few K for the interior colour, then you add a few K for the low miles, then you add a few K for all the new seals, pipes & hoses you cannot see, then you add a few K for the full engine reseal/replating, then you add a few K for ultra rare 7.5/9 cup 1, then you add a few K for suspension ......

Cheap as chips :thumb:

This used to be my car and the current owner is a friend and a huge Porsche enthusiast. A few years ago when he bought it off me it was a very decent car and highly priced 964 at the time in comparison to where the values were. He has since spent over £40k making it without doubt one of the nicest 964s in the country. Had I not recently bought a 993 Carrera S the car would not of been advertised – it is the only car I have ever had second thoughts on selling.

There are so many nice things about it; it runs on an OCD level rebuilt engine, has entirely new suspension, genuine Cups, as well as special little period details like the Techart fog lamps. One of my favourite aspects of the car is the Porsche Dark Blue which is a non-metallic paint and super rare – works well on it. Photos (before the massive investment) for old times sake. Someone is going to get a great 911.

34yadlc.jpg

porsche-911-964-carra-2-cp-S1067698-10.jpg

You should post more pics of that set, remember seeing them somewhere at the time you had it up for sale.

Mondrian said:
You should post more pics of that set, remember seeing them somewhere at the time you had it up for sale.

So do I. I remember at the time it was a good one from somebody :worship:

When i seen this for sale, its right up my street.

Its pretty much what i would of done to the right 964 so can appreciate all that work.

I am not keen on the colour combo though.

That should sell pretty quick though and i can just imagine how tight it would be to drive, much like my first wife.

tbh I'm struggling to see where you would spend £40k on an already nice car?

I would say it is easily spent once you factor in a blueprint engine build with fresh suspension.

I bet that thing is a hoot to drive....checking the spec on the tech 9 add has some very nice things done to it.

Again, all bits i would budget for......if it was another colour combo i would be on the al capone like terry tibbs.

So it's had the engine rebuilt, its not that expensive. Likewise new suspension, not a huge expense. Certainly nowhere near £20k never mind double.

Should of said it "can" easily be spent....especially if you just drive into garage with a goodies list.

But i could be wrong. :judge:

kevsta said:
I would say it is easily spent once you factor in a blueprint engine build with fresh suspension.

I bet that thing is a hoot to drive....checking the spec on the tech 9 add has some very nice things done to it.

Again, all bits i would budget for......if it was another colour combo i would be on the al capone like terry tibbs.

It looks a nice car, but it doesnt really have many mods done to it at all

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back