Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

off road

Jacoda434

back into hospital for a few days, just hope not as long as last visit (3 weeks) so off road I am, Car has had a wax polish and looking good

Next job, is to look at what wheels to use on the car over the winter, if its used at all

split rims or standard Carrera wheels :?:

hope to be back on the road as soon as I can :thumbs:

I'd go with standard carreras as they will be easier to keep clean and less chance of corrosion damage of the split rim bolts.

^^^ What he said.

You want ease of cleaning for the winter plus less parts. Do the split rims up mint for summer.
Hope it goes well in the hospital and I hope it's nothing too serious. :thumb:

17" Carreras for the same good reasons listed above, plus the tyres are higher profile and cheaper in that size. Assuming you're looking at using winter tyres.

Maybe enquire at FG Porsche or somewhere else mainland Europe for a complete set? Here are some in NL for just over €400. In fact I might be interested myself as it's less than an hour away from me!

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-on...51fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr&pos=30

My 18" 10 spoke split rims have salt damage - plus bonus kerb scrapes - and I'm wondering if the refurb costs plus new tyres is even worth it or just finding a whole wheels and tyres combo and ditching the old ones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back