Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Weekend trip to Bruges

Les

Sao Paulo
Just got back from a little weekend break with Mrs Les to Bruges. What a lovely city. We got lots of good comments about the 996 from the locals and the french customs 'its beautiful' etc.

The english customs on the other hand asked me to stop and open the boot, so I clicked the bonnet release and he said "no I said the boot" so I opened up the rear. He looked confused when he looked inside and saw an engine. Surly he must be the only person on the planet who doesn't know where a 911's engine is?

Bruges.jpg

A great city, the misses and I went in July. Our sat nav took us to the hotel straight through the centre that was closed to cars and full of shoppers
driving_zps9aace71c.gif

UK customs must be the most miserable people on the planet!

scarletboarder said:

Ha, ever been to Saudi?

scarletboarder said:
A great city, the misses and I went in July. Our sat nav took us to the hotel straight through the centre that was closed to cars and full of shoppers
driving_zps9aace71c.gif

I thought my sat nav was doing the same, but I did see other cars occasionally drive along them. I was just happy nothing fell off the car with all those cobbles.

Great place. I went there a few years back with an ex. Was a really good long weekend break. I went via eurostar though, rather than driving. Must be a popular place to drive though as I remember seeing quite a few UK plates on cars there.

Been a few times (Christmas is nice with the ice rink and market) and I do like the place but not sure I could do a whole weekend there. I usually use it as a lunch stop when coming back home from the mainland after a trip further afield.

Did it last year
Stayed a Chateau Tilques in St Omer and drove up to Bruges
Amazing underground car park there
Clean and beautiful place.
Went up the tower and saw the clock movement work
Did the canal boat trip

You must watch the film In Bruges if you haven't seen it.
Great story.

Went to Bruges and Ghent a couple of years back for a city break, pre-porsche years, lovely city.

Cracking picture btw, looks like a scale model. Poster perfect picture of your 996 is very glossy looking in the city glow. Not a bad pair of legs in the background either :thumb:

Done the same thing to a lady custom officer but didnt see the funny side.
She made me unload the whole car

Fantastic picture Les, thought you'd Photoshop'd it to be honest.....

Les said:
The english customs on the other hand asked me to stop and open the boot, so I clicked the bonnet release and he said "no I said the boot" so I opened up the rear. He looked confused when he looked inside and saw an engine. Surly he must be the only person on the planet who doesn't know where a 911's engine is?

I had the same experience with UK staff in Dunquerke returning from Europe in August. I was told to open the boot. I explained it was a Porsche with the engine in the back. Got told to open the boot never-the-less. Gave up, opened it. Then got told to open the bonnet.... at that point i was going to be awkward and point out that i had just done that (bonnet = engine lid). :dont know:

I pulled up at customs at the tunnel on the way home
English C and E
Customs bird says "And where have you been sir ?"
I point with my thumb behind me and say "France"
Everyone in the the booth piss themselves.

Chief said:
Fantastic picture Les, thought you'd Photoshop'd it to be honest.....

Thanks, I did use a tilt shift filter in instagram, but thats it.

In Bruges what a great film. epic.

its a lovely city and the beer is mega strong!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back