Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Rear Light Cluster full of water

swarwi

Hi guys,

Wonder if you could help, got a warning light on the dash to check side indicators, and have subsequently noticed the drivers side rear light had about an inch of water in it :-(

upon closer inspection it looks like the 'reverse' or clear part of the lights seal is broken as you can easily push it in

I took it off, emptied all the water and noticed the Circuit board is completely water damaged - gutted.

called Porsche who said im looking about 568 quid.

I have AA Gold warranty will try them in the morning but not holding my breath on that one!

Do you know of any decent trustworthy breakers yards? wanted to try my luck there first.

Many thanks as always,

Mate it is a known fault with the gen2 lights as they are LED so no heat to dry it out, there was a recent thread on here about drilling tiny hole in the bottom to allow condensation to drain out., be firm with the warranty people as it's a known fault so nothing you have done or no wear and tear items have caused it. therefore should be replaced by them. :thumb: :grin: let us know how you get on

Common fault
i'm afraid
Porsche changed the manufacturer in 2010 from memory

replacement is a DIY job and the last one i bought was about £370 plus vat after discount

I've just had my drivers side rear replaced by Porsche but that was replaced under warranty, I'm sure if it's a failed part your warranty may pay towards the part? I was told at Porsche it would have been £520, I guess if you shopped around you may find cheaper? Good luck keep us up-dated

mark pearce said:
Common fault
i'm afraid
Porsche changed the manufacturer in 2010 from memory

replacement is a DIY job and the last one i bought was about £370 plus vat after discount

If they did change manufacturer in 2010 i guess the two that have been replaced on mine are the latest ones :?:

AA warranty is a bit of a kids party bag that dealers give with second hand cars. On this occasion I think you should end up content even if you do have to go through their processes.

I would suggest to read their policies again, so when you ring them you have met their criteria etc.

I'd ensure the replacement is a later 997.2 production item (ring any OPC for the part number). You don't want it to happen again & I'd possibly try and get the near side changed at the same time (based on probability) future proofing.

Good luck and hope to read the AA warranty results :thumb:

mark pearce said:
Tell us more about this discount... :?:

Shaoxter said:
mark pearce said:
Tell us more about this discount... :?:

Mark, Is it more than the 10% OPC discount for PCGB members if so spill the beans mate :grin: :thumb:

Hi guys,

after spending 25 mins in a holding pattern trying to get through to AA, was informed my Gold policy does not cover anything to with lights even though its a known fault. Tried to debate this but got nowhere.

Now am calling around trying to find one, quotes so far from OPC's i have called range from 480 to 540 all inc vat. - will keep you posted on what i manged to pick one up for.

swarwi said:
Hi guys,

after spending 25 mins in a holding pattern trying to get through to AA, was informed my Gold policy does not cover anything to with lights even though its a known fault. Tried to debate this but got nowhere.

Now am calling around trying to find one, quotes so far from OPC's i have called range from 480 to 540 all inc vat. - will keep you posted on what i manged to pick one up for.

Have you got the 10% off that they will all give if asked :thumb:

Just more evidence that the non Porsche Warranties are not worth the paper etc.

9 Apart always worth a try. Only showing 997.1 at the moment but worth a phone call

I'd try Jasmine porschalink too

AA Gold star warranty Hahah, day light robbery, At least Dick Turpin wore a mask, there sales team don't.

Sorry to hear you never got a result mate, I hope you at least get a discount when you purchase a new one. I suppose you have looked on fleabay?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back