Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

split rims

oneonealpha

Silverstone
Have been looking at some split rims to go on my 996 C4 and have seen some called Porsche mesh with gold centres from Brombacher, I have 18's fitted now with good tyres. Do I stay with 18's and save £400 or go up to 19s'. if I go too big on a 996 then they may look naff,
Opinions would be greatly appreciated

Why are you asking other people what to do?

I think 18's would suit it better and not upset the ride which is already pretty hard.

Just my opinion though.

:D

I had 19's on my C2 when i bought it - went back to 18's as soon as i could find a set and get them refurb'd......

19's on a narrow bodied car are too big in my opinion.
They look a bit dare I say it "chav".

So choose some nice OEM ones or maybe something nice and lightweight in an 18" and save yourself the money on tyres like you say. :thumb:

In my eyes there is no better wheel on a 996 than the GT3 mk1 wheels with the rim diamond cut. I've a set for my C2 but someone has done a lazy refurb and powder coated the rim instead of diamond cutting it. Very poor. :wink:

18" Speedline Daytona's look great on the NB 996. :cool:

C.

Attachments

• 996_daytona_121.jpg
    996_daytona_121.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 3,819
18's, 19's even on a widebody look a little too big

Marky911 said:
19's on a narrow bodied car are too big in my opinion.
They look a bit dare I say it "chav".

So choose some nice OEM ones or maybe something nice and lightweight in an 18" and save yourself the money on tyres like you say. :thumb:

In my eyes there is no better wheel on a 996 than the GT3 mk1 wheels with the rim diamond cut. I've a set for my C2 but someone has done a lazy refurb and powder coated the rim instead of diamond cutting it. Very poor. :wink:

+1

aaPffU8.png

I prefer 18" wheels personally but it's your call :)

I have GT3 splits which are a nice wheel but also have some eta beta split rims which are probably more at home on a 964 but had them before I got my 996 so put them on to be a bit different from the crowd.

Dsmithmobile said:
I prefer 18" wheels personally but it's your call :)

I have GT3 splits which are a nice wheel but also have some eta beta split rims which are probably more at home on a 964 but had them before I got my 996 so put them on to be a bit different from the crowd.

stunning looking wheel I think they really suit the 996 tbh ??!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back