Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back in the Game: My 997.2

911_AS

Sao Paulo
After two plus years of being without a 911, today I returned to the World of ownership. Following months of searching, I finally took delivery of a 997 Gen 2, C2S. It was totally worth the wait!

I bought the car from Mark Pearce, of Stirlings. I simply cannot say enough positive words about Mark. His attention to detail and focus on customer service is second to none. I've been speaking with him every day for the last few weeks, and even made him lose his Face Time virginity, making for a comical story (one for another other time)! A gentleman and a scholar, he was an absolute pleasure to do business with, and I would thoroughly recommend speaking to him if you haven't already. Mark - Thank You once again for all your efforts, it is sincerely appreciated.

The car was presented immaculately, absolutely perfect. I forgot how much I missed that silhouette, and the stance and poise of the 911. I quickly remembered how much i love how low the seats are, and that infamous sound of the all important THUD when the door closes, the sound of pure quality German reassurance. I fired up the Six, and WOW - the hairs on my arm stood up making my blood cold!

I'll spend the weekend (and the years ahead!) to get better acquainted with the car. The thrill of ownership is slowly making it's way back, even the Wife loves it, though is a little scared to drive it at the moment.

Buying a second Porsche was a firm reminder that us 911 owners should remember how lucky and fortunate we are; we should never take such life marvels for granted.

Here are some photographs to soak up...enjoy!

AS

Attachments

• front_841.jpg
    front_841.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 5,955
  • side_938.jpg
    side_938.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 5,955
  • swheel_648.jpg
    swheel_648.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 5,955
  • 911_131.jpg
    911_131.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 5,955
Lovely and congrats!

Mine was from Mark, about 3.5 years ago. I was actually talking to him recently for a friend - as you say, a real gent and pleasure to deal with!

Any views on getting PSE fitted?.....

Enjoy :thumb:

Nice, looks the perfect spec.
I also recently jumped into a 997.2 C2S, although there wasn't a gap in my Porsche ownership :p

Out of interest what were you driving for the past 2 years?

Lovely car, looks a good spec. :thumb: and +1 for Mark from Sterling's being a top chap. :thumb: :grin:

Congrats 911_AS!!! Glad it was everything you hope it would be!! Enjoy!!

:welcome: back.

Nice car. :thumb:

Spent a lot of time driving around today, and it feels superb. Love this car.

Just wish I had a garage at home!!

Congrats, i'm still going through the sleepness nights in wait for mine.

Congrats. Great colour & car looks like new.
I understand what you mean about no garage, I'm in the same situation myself.
Have you driven with the paddles much?

Re: PSE - negative. I've heard the PSE on Gen 2 cars does not add as much grunt and lacks the bass note compared to a Gen 1. I'm not seeking more sound, so for me personally, PSE was not deal breaker.

My previous car was just a Golf GTD. Superb car, fully loaded too, but it did not give me the thrill and satisfaction I crave every time I drive.

I've used the paddles a fair bit today actually, I enjoy f licking into 'M' mode and taking full control of the transmission. This gearbox really is the best of both Worlds.

Cheers for the Paddle feedback. I'm actually starting to thing I should seriously consider trying to get hold of a new wheel. I guess I need to start pricing around the dealers to see who can do the best deal. I'm sure the current exchange rate debacle is not going to help save me any money.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back