Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Little slip rings for the exhaust tips.

Andyspencer100

Silverstone
So mine are totally shot.

Does anyone know if or where to buy replacements, or if there's an alternative?

HhHAHhHa, i need them too, all cracked in 3 places!!!!!! I tried jubilee clips as phill mentioned a little while back bit it wasnt happening!!!

J

-- 997 -- said:
HhHAHhHa, i need them too, all cracked in 3 places!!!!!! I tried jubilee clips as phill mentioned a little while back bit it wasnt happening!!!

J

That's worth knowing that the jubilee clip doesn't work. but the shim must be a porsche part and avail from the opc . unless they are going to tell you its part of the tips kit and not avail separately which would be bloody annoying :D

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

That's worth knowing that the jubilee clip doesn't work. but the shim must be a porsche part and avail from the opc . unless they are going to tell you its part of the tips kit and not avail separately which would be bloody annoying :D

Ive been to porsche east london and took my tail pipe and showed then the cracked ring also, the geezer searched on the computer and nothing was found, i.e not listed as a part go purchase and the geezer turned around from the computer and said you have to buy the comp!etd new trims just for the rings and i looked at him thinking he was having a laugh and i said ... no im not, couple hundred quid for bits of metal shaped up in a circle!!! And i need both sides really, but the driver side trim is off the car cos the ring is way gone!!

J

Gentlemen. Leave this with me, I live in sheffield.

The home of stainless steel, I'll find these things.

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

Ive been to porsche east london and took my tail pipe and showed then the cracked ring also, the geezer searched on the computer and nothing was found, i.e not listed as a part go purchase and the geezer turned around from the computer and said you have to buy the comp!etd new trims just for the rings and i looked at him thinking he was having a laugh and i said ... no im not, couple hundred quid for bits of metal shaped up in a circle!!! And i need both sides really, but the driver side trim is off the car cos the ring is way gone!!

J

I checked with Porsche sheffield. The above is echoed by them.

Andyspencer100 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

I checked with Porsche sheffield. The above is echoed by them.

Andy, let us know of any results, im looking also, if i see any company who could supply ill let ya know !! :)

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

J

That's jus pi@@ poor of Porsche! There is no reason for not selling the olives separately other that to fleece us owners of older cars!!

I have looked everywhere for these too, quite a specific part and nothing similar seems to be available, but I guess the big P knows this!

:x

So i guess were up 5hit street then? If we need these spacer rinhs we need to buy the tail pipe trims then?

J

Gents ,it might be worth asking one of the companies that make custom, exhausts if they could knock a batch up :?: :dont know:

Phil 997 said:
Gents ,it might be worth asking one of the companies that make custom, exhausts if they could knock a batch up :?: :dont know:

There's loads of little fabrication places here in Sheffield. I will get a load made up and put them on my eBay page. Every time i do a job now on mine, and it's a pain to source parts, or just crap Porsche parts (exhaust fixings for one) I'm making up little kits and sticking them on eBay for other 997 owners who want to do the job without the weeks of trawling.

Only started it today and I've got loads of questions already. I think I may actually be able to help people :thumbs:

Andyspencer100 said:
Phil 997 said:

There's loads of little fabrication places here in Sheffield. I will get a load made up and put them on my eBay page. Every time i do a job now on mine, and it's a pain to source parts, or just crap Porsche parts (exhaust fixings for one) I'm making up little kits and sticking them on eBay for other 997 owners who want to do the job without the weeks of trawling.

Only started it today and I've got loads of questions already. I think I may actually be able to help people :thumbs:

Good call andy, while your there get a price for stainless steel heat shields the ones that protect the coils packs as they are made of mild steel they only cost £18 from the opc but rust in no time :thumb: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Andyspencer100 said:
Phil 997 said:

Good call andy, while your there get a price for stainless steel heat shields the ones that protect the coils packs as they are made of mild steel they only cost £18 from the opc but rust in no time :thumb: :grin:

That's a great idea.

Phil 997 said:
Andyspencer100 said:
Phil 997 said:

That's a great idea.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back