Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 997 front suspension overall

mark esc cos

Trainee
Hi on my 2006 C4S I'm going to do a front end suspension overall this winter

Looking for thoughts on which parts I should replace the car has done 90k still feels quite right but I do have a slight rattle over bumps which it did not fail on the MOT because if

Ideas welcome

Thxs[/quote]

Have you considered Center Gravity? They will do a complete system check of brakes, suspension and steering and advice as well as set the geometry (which will be required if you need any suspension bits changing -which it sounds as though it does).

Unless of course you're a DIYer and enjoy doing it all for yourself.

Hi so I have been looking around in various websites

I'm thinking to replace the following

Control arms lower x2 £130
Stabiliser bar bush x2 £10.22
Drop link front x2 (sided L&R)£29.50 + £29.50
Track rod end x2 £53.96

All from 911.co.uk total £303.82
Wishbone x 2 £105.00

From the stop shop uk

So all in £408.82

Does anyone have any other suggestions

Thanks in advance

Strut mounts are made for Porsche by SACHS, google them & buy from somewhere like getcarparts.co.uk for about £40 a side.

Right one cue as I am booking my 06 C4S for some similar work! I've already had the suspensio diagnosed by my indy and he has suggested the following work:

- Front longitudinal arms
- ARB refurb (new bushes and general tidy up)
- Front inner track arm ball joints
- 4 wheel alignment (required post new ball joints)

My car is on 66k miles and the only issue is a bit of a "thud" sound when going over speed bumps at low speed.

Sorry but I'm no expert, would I need top mounts and bump stops too?

Are any of my list above the same as what has been already listed by others?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back