Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new 997 gen 2 cab turbo owner - rear child seat???

krisk

I am just about to buy my first porsche next week and need to know what seats i can buy now to fit in 911 tubo gen 2 cab. Also my first post on here. If anyone has any experience would be great to hear. My child is 2.5 yrs old.
Ta

Hi there and welcome!
From memory you can fit a stage 3 seat (like a high back booster that uses the car seat belts) in the back but not a stage 2 (heavy rigid proper seat with harness belts) as the latter are much chunkier.

I thought the transition from chunkier type to stage 3 was older than 2.5yrs although it depends on height and weight and there's lots of good charts on places like mothercare or dvla website.

If you in a stage 2 still it may struggle to fit especially as cab rear seats are more upright than coupe ones.

Hope you love the car when it arrives.cheers

Stuff the baby seats....where are the pics of the car?

krisk said:
I am just about to buy my first porsche next week and need to know what seats i can buy now to fit in 911 tubo gen 2 cab. Also my first post on here. If anyone has any experience would be great to hear. My child is 2.5 yrs old.
Ta

Krisk,
this thread might give you some pointers mate , ps dont forget the pics of your car and welcome to the forum.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=115260

Welcome to the club krisk...... The 997.2 turbo club that is, not the child seat club :)

Child seats...?? Nah, been a long time since I had to faff about with those fiddly b@ast5rd things :D

And yeah, pictures please. Of the car.

so before I purchased the seat in the thread I had a booster pad (still legal) but if the child fell asleep he would fall out of the belt. a lot of the new porsche seats are to high in the base for the rear of a 997. we even rang Porsche and they were helpful. I went for this one but the cheap Halfords £30 seat is quite narrow and may work... it has the E mark on

My son loves the 997 cab more than the GTR now

Hello krisk and welcome. You asked for an experience.....

save yourself a load of time , agro , money and fuel and go straight to opc with your kid, car and about £280.

Do not like me, drive round halfords , mothercare and other baby gear outlets, wasting several saturday afternoons where some of their staff were incompetent ,with a mentality of ooh sh8t we have never dealt with a porsche before but we will try our best anyway..

and to my horror wrecked my near side front seat belt and scuffed my leather seats with their ignorance

there you go there is my experience trying to buy a child seat for my 3 yr old boy.good luck

Thanks for the welcome and all the advice guys. I wont own the vehicle until beginning of next week so piccys up then!
In terms of the child seat i will go with pancobalt advice and head down to local OPC to get them to recommend rather than messing around. Because as yet i havent really had a definative answer on the internet.
Pictures to follow soon.

I tried various seats in the back of my 997.1 turbo (non cab mind), and found that the Halfords Essentials 123 fits perfectly. You use the rear seat belt to hold the seat in (nice & tight, it has zero movement) and the seat itself comes with the proper harness to go around the kid.

My 2.5 year old fitted in it perfectly (he`s now 3), but apparently it will fit children from 9 months to 12 years. And best of all was only about £40 if I remember correctly.

I believe the cab has slightly less room in the back than the coupe, but its certainly worth trying one to see.

i think the group 3 is 3.5 years +, ive currently got a 996 coupe and a nearly 3 year old in the back and she loves it however my plan is to upgrade to a 997.2 cab next year so might just get away with a group 3 (her birthday is jan. I have read the the britax duo plus fits so if you have a mothercare/halfords nearby with it in stock it might be worth a visit.

Hello again krisk, you know it makes sense.

fyi in my coupe i removed the rear leather velcro attached seat base and this helped the porsche child seat fit perfect , tight and true.

Sorry i know nothing about the cab but you would hope opc will have experience of what you are trying to achieve.

I use the rear seat belt option to retain the child seat in the rear of the car. My particular seat also has isofix retention facility , suppose that is another part of the porsche price tag

I also adjusted all the straps and buckles around child in the child seat in our living room, then fitted child seat into car

let us know how you get on

I'll take a pic tomorrow of the seat I installed last week in the back of my 2S.
I wouldn't but the Porsche seat as it's an old Britax just rebadged and although it might fit well, there are other options that fit just as well, safer and easier to use.

As promised......first pics of 997 gen 2 turbo
Finally had this weekend to have a good drive in it (with sun)

Attachments

• image1_112.jpg
    image1_112.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 3,977

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back