Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Intermittent brake light

sackerley

Monza
Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help diagnose this before I take the car to a garage.

Ive just found out that the brake lights are not working correctly. When I first dab the brake pedal the light comes on but it's only for a second then goes off. No matter how hard I press the pedal the light stays out. It repeats this every time I touch the brake pedal.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

More than likely the switch past its sell by date - some mention here: brake switch.

Del.

Brilliant, thanks Del. That sounds exactly the same as what mines doing. Hopefully £20 will sort it!

:thumbs:

I got a new switch but I'm having no luck fitting it. The old switch came out easily. The new switch which is identical won't go back in. It refuses to twist clockwise.

Any ideas or tips for getting the new switch fitted?!

I had something similar happen recently, though I got the PSM/ABS failure warning lights on the dash too. I didn't realise the brake lights weren't working until a poor bloke in a Volvo nearly rear-ended me on the M1...

Called Ken at 9E and he diagnosed the issue straight away, without even seeing the car! Clearly it's a very common issue. Took my car in to 9E on Saturday and they replaced the brake light switch and all is well again.

That would have been a very harsh way to find out! I have no idea how long mine had been out either which is worrying!

I managed to fit mine in the end. I ended up lightly sanding down the notches a tiny bit at a time. Eventually it clicked into place and has been fine since :)

opps .. sorry i missed this first time around ..

i use grips or pliers , you have to push it hard into the slot then with the grips you can turn it 90 degrees .. i cant manage it by hand .. it is a pain i agree .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back