Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

German style plates

CarreraMonkey

Mugello
Yes, I know they're not legal, but does anyone have them fitted?

Our old 'German look' 1303 beetle had them fitted and we never had any trouble with the Five 0, but perhaps it wasn't so obvious on an old car. Certainly lots of the cool water-cooled vdubbers fit them.

I fancy some, but not sure if it's a suitable thing to do to modern pork?

There were a few at the 911&PW picnic I went to.

I'd imagine (aside from MOT failure) that you would get a warning from the BIB should you get pulled over. They are a bit hotter on it now presumably because of ANPR systems. Also you might find you can't get out of car parks or buy petrol where they have ANPR fitted...

I have the same thought on old skool or Channel Islands black and silver numbers which look so much nicer than the yellow things.

kas750 said:
Ok for a spotty 17 year old oik on his 500 quid Polo.

:agree:

Monkey, I wanted to do something a bit different without giving :cop: a reason to pull me. So I went for 3d raised carbon they are fully UK legal and look a bit different , brought from the guys in the link. I then grabbed off ebay a german style surround and am happy with the look , some might think it a bit busy but it aint there car lol

http://www.demonplates.com/

Sorry this is the best pic I have of them, but you can just see they are domed/ raised

Attachments

• img_0149_169.jpg
    img_0149_169.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 7,652
CarreraMonkey said:
kas750 said:
Ok for a spotty 17 year old oik on his 500 quid Polo.

:D

But that's what I am.. At heart.

:bonk:

Me too, inside the fat grey middle aged bloke lives a spotty 17 yr old oik aren't we all a bit like that.

Thefinn said:
FFS Phil stop adding to my mod list :floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor: how could I forget how much you like carbon Finn mate we were only just chatting about if on the other thread :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Me too, inside the fat grey middle aged bloke

Speak for yourself! :lol:

I'd have agreed if you'd said "inside this buff Brad Pitt lookalike" :wink:

:)

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:
Me too, inside the fat grey middle aged bloke

Speak for yourself! :lol:

I'd have agreed if you'd said "inside this buff Brad Pitt lookalike" :wink:

:)

my wife would say I am more duff arm pitt lookalike :floor: :floor:

Thefinn said:
just mocked it up on the link and it doesn't look as good because I have too many letters, thank god I will take that one off.

:floor: :floor: good for you mate :thumb: leaves money for engine mounts :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back