Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 rotor-arm question - yes it *does* matter actually...

orangecurry

ECP lists two different Bosch rotor-arms for the 993

or

What is the difference, anyone know?

Kimbo put your hand down.... you too SGM - I want sensible answers, not '120'.

No idea on the difference, but according to my ECP invoice my MY98 is running the 130's

Oui oui.

Caps also of the Bosch variety and listed as PN 404330040

Weird - I've just noticed that the dizzy-caps were 54 GBP on monday, yet now they are listed at 68.78 GBP ?

Is this how ECP normally operates?

Yes. They are the Amazon of the car parts world.

Ah - probably my fault as I ordered two on monday when they had a 30% discount running, so 38.21 GBP each, which will have halved their worldwide stock :grin:

Is there an electronic ignition converter kit available - and why haven't I heard of that being discussed before? Not possible? No good? Or wasn't I concentrating in class that day? ;-)

Good shout. No idea.

Luminition was the best mod I ever did on my A-series race engine.

They are the manufacturers PNs

Porsche's own are:

930.602.902 [01] = 405330010
930.602.902 [02] = 405330130

... which of course means they are the same part, just one newer revision

In this case, as the suppler has stayed the same, it will probably be country of origin (factory), and the rev number should just be for batch QC.

Tobesetc said:
Is there an electronic ignition converter kit available - and why haven't I heard of that being discussed before? Not possible? No good? Or wasn't I concentrating in class that day? ;-)

Seem to remember reading somewhere that unless your engine is substantially modified, the benefits are marginal....................and cost you the thick end of 2 grand for the privilege. Think that was for the 12 plug motors. There are a number of folk, primarily in the US who would be happy to lighten your wallet however, give it a Google if you fancy one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back