Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

British Touring Car Championship

effy

I guess as a Honda Civic Type R won it, anyone driving these will be thinking they can take anything on the road including a 911, a bit like the guys driving the Golf Rs :floor: :floor: :floor:

They might be quick but its just a fast transport box, their just not in the same class as a 911 , there's a whole thing going on when you drive a 911 and it's not all about pure straight line speed, it's far more involving that just getting from A to B quickly. :thumb: :grin: there are lots of fast transport boxes out there and the only difference between the pasty grey driver of any transport box is the fast ones drivers have white knuckles that's my 2p :thumb: :grin:

effy said:
I guess as a Honda Civic Type R won it, anyone driving these will be thinking they can take anything on the road including a 911, a bit like the guys driving the Golf Rs :floor: :floor: :floor:

Funny that, after Le Mans I had a Boxster flashing his lights and pushing my Audi A4 TDi off the road. The 919 being so similar to a Boxster does inspire their drivers with such confidence.
I was surprised at the difference in performance though - my A4 diesel being so close to Audi's flagship Motorsport model. Guess I'd just have to make up the time on tank range

Look on the bright side...

If Turkington had won, what would we do with Subaru Levorg drivers?

Has anyone actually SEEN one of these on the road??

effy said:

I had an Integra DC5 same time as Matt Neal won the BTCC, took on a 911 on track and beat them....

Have you driven the new CTR? Quite a nice car actually or maybe im biased

I was at the final yesterday at Brands Hatch, a great days racing. Good to see the Porsche cup too. The Cayenne and Panamera medic cars were impressive as well!

There is a funny comment in Car mag, that Levorg is Grovel backwards.

Robertb said:
I was at the final yesterday at Brands Hatch, a great days racing. Good to see the Porsche cup too. The Cayenne and Panamera medic cars were impressive as well!

I had a DC2; fabulous car.

Looking at times around the 'ring, seems Walter Rohrl steered a 2004 911 Carrera S round in 7:59 and the CTR does it in 7:50. That's quicker than a 997 turbo with Horst Von Saurma behind the wheel according to Wiki - whether he's any good or not, no idea lol.

arry said:
Robertb said:

I had a DC2; fabulous car.

Looking at times around the 'ring, seems Walter Rohrl steered a 2004 911 Carrera S round in 7:59 and the CTR does it in 7:50. That's quicker than a 997 turbo with Horst Von Saurma behind the wheel according to Wiki - whether he's any good or not, no idea lol.

And on the subject of 'Ring times, I read that the new Panamera V8 tdi has a better factory lap time than the 997 GT3. Astonishing.

Robertb said:
<Talking about 'ring times for old cars vs new ones>

Ring times are not actually comparable though - they reprofiled some key sections last winter and the circuit is now faster. Test results from a dozen years ago weren't set on todays generation of performance tyres either... :thumb:

Disco said:
Robertb said:
<Talking about 'ring times for old cars vs new ones>

Ring times are not actually comparable though - they reprofiled some key sections last winter and the circuit is now faster. Test results from a dozen years ago weren't set on todays generation of performance tyres either... :thumb:

Fair enoughski. That'll teach me to repeat second hand factoids from Evo mag!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back