Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ctek trickle charge question

nigel99

Yup :thumb:

I bought the MXS 5.0. The Porsche supplied part at that time was a Pirsche-badged 3.6 CTEK.

I recommend the MXS 5.0. Currently £58 on Amazon with both eyelet connector and croc clip connector.

The XS-0.8 charger is for motorcycles/small 12v batteries

I also have the MXS-5.0 :thumb:

Thanks Guys, just ordered the MXS 5.0.

Do you leave it plugged in all of time, or just periodically? Also, when using the cigarette adapter, do you run the cable through the window, or the door? :?:

nigel99 said:
Thanks Guys, just ordered the MXS 5.0.

Do you leave it plugged in all of time, or just periodically? Also, when using the cigarette adapter, do you run the cable through the window, or the door? :?:

I also have two MXS 5.0. Yes leave it plugged in all the time. Just set it to car mode.

I have fitted a permanent connector to my batteries as my cars are on charge so often, just makes things easier. Just leave the bonnet on the catch. If you use the car lighter inside just run the cable under the door, the rubber seal will prevent any damage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back