Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tips not selling so cheap

From reading through that advert I think its got a lot to do with the relatively low miles and impeccable service history on this particular car.

Also, remember the seller can 'ask' whatever they want, doesn't necessarily mean they'll get it.

Best of luck to them but I suspect their selling price is likely to be a way short of that 'for sale' price, though I'm sure it will still be strong money.

The Tiptronic S at 911 Virgin is still hanging around ......... and 993s there are almost snapped up before the full advert appears.

And PCT are a great outfit, so I expect the car would be well prepped and no hidden problems. Looks a lovely car!

Is that not the price for the hardback seats and they throw the car and tiptropic gearbox in free? :dont know:

:hand: It aint sold. It's advertised at a ridiculous 'Emperor's new clothes' price to give someone the false impression it's worth that much. It aint :what:

Plus it's got the moody blue dash :nooo:

dapper said:
Also, remember the seller can 'ask' whatever they want, doesn't necessarily mean they'll get it.

I saw an Elephant Blurter advertised recently by a chum for silly, silly money. He's a chancer, like this dealer and there's no way he's going to get his asking price.

Smoke and mirrors, chum. I said Dream on, chum.

Decgraham.
It's a shame it's not an open top like ours (as a sports car should be), as it would be worth even more. :thumb: :grin:

why did Porsche make tip, was it to make then more of an appeal for driving in traffic.

driving mine in a jam is hard work, I have to admit, quite stressful, you just cant wait to get moving.

Rialas said:
Decgraham.
It's a shame it's not an open top like ours (as a sports car should be), as it would be worth even more. :thumb: :grin:

I'm with you Rialas all the negatives probably voted to stay in the EU trying to make things self fulfilling keep talking the Tip down and maybe just maybe they will be worthless.

Well in my world sports cars have to be open topped always have been and always will beTip transmission is a bonus for God's sake get a grip :eek:

decgraham said:
I'm with you Rialas all the negatives probably voted to stay in the EU trying to make things self fulfilling keep talking the Tip down and maybe just maybe they will be worthless.

Well in my world sports cars have to be open topped, always have been and always will be, Tip transmission is a bonus.

For God's sake get a grip

The sun's got to him.

Will Statt said:
And PCT are a great outfit, so I expect the car would be well prepped and no hidden problems. Looks a lovely car!

Friend of mine bought a 997 from there recently. The mediocre, penny pinching reality of the pre-sale prep did not get anywhere near the largess of the salesman's banter.

And for what it's worth I was there, I'm not reporting second hand.

Kimbo said:
I saw an Elephant Blurter advertised recently by a chum for silly, silly money. He's a chancer, like this dealer and there's no way he's going to get his asking price.

Smoke and mirrors, chum. I said Dream on, chum.

You should see the pic of a commode I've just received along with one of the 993 calendar pics :what: No names, no pack drill. OK it's nice and if I was doing an appraisal I'd estimate it to be George III in mahogany. The moulded edge overhanging top has beneath it four full-width cockbeaded graduated drawers all supported by handsome shaped bracket feet. The backing boards, the gilt-brass swan-neck handles and feet are on appearance all original as is the gloriously rich surface finish which has a warm, glowing patination. English, c.1800 is my guess. With this you can shoite in style :thumb:

Also, nowt wrong with 993 Tips, if you want one. 4 gears are better than the shoite 8spd Tip they put in the Cayenne :what:

Kimbo said:
decgraham said:

Well in my world sports cars have to be open topped, always have been and always will be, Tip transmission is a bonus.

For God's sake get a grip

The sun's got to him.

Yes Kimbo the sun has been pretty hot this summer :wink:

Attachments

• sports_car_585.jpg
    sports_car_585.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8,487

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member