Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

side stickers.

Les

Sao Paulo
I had the '70's style PORSCHE stickers on my old 911 years ago and thought they looked great.

I found a company on ebay last week that were doing them for £18 and thought for that price I'll give it a go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/171952597407?roken=cUgayN

At first I didn't like them but they are now growing on me.
What do you chaps think?

Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

Side3.jpg

I like it, i might have gone with black myself especially with the black roof. I toyed with the idea of the classic Carrera stripes for my 996 cab a few months back (example below) and getting some quotes for supply and install around £150 nothing materialised.

2w35mz6.jpg

How easy were they to fit yourself, i assume you clean the car then apply and peel? How do you ensure they are level?

I think they look good mate :thumbs: Cheap mod that makes a big difference that can be easily removed when you fancy a change whats not to like

I was thinking the same thing, white ones for my car would look good but I didn't want to spend loads in case I didn't like it.

Fitting is easy, you can just tape in place, once you are happy with position/level you just peel one edge and then start sticking. You can even cover the surface in water which will allow you to move them about. Loads of videos on YouTube.

White or Black, even gold? Maybe match the colour you decide for the wheels?

For the sake of £18 I have just ordered a set. Thanks for the heads up Les

Ursa911 said:
I like it, i might have gone with black myself especially with the black roof.

I was thinking of Black but thought it might be a bit too much in your face. I've got grey leather, so it matches with the roof down.

Easy to fit, I measured 19.5" back from the front of the door to the middle of the 'S' then up the width of the slanty bit of stanley blade from the bottom of the door, stuck some gaffer on the top edge to hold it, then peeled of the underside and pushed down. Took half and hour for both sides.

Benjs said:
Only thing i can add is i wonder what colour will go with guards red :thumb:

Black, Silver, Grey or White.

Benjs said:

Ben you know I am going to say acid green mate. :floor:

Les said:
I had the '70's style PORSCHE stickers on my old 911 years ago and thought they looked great.

I found a company on ebay last week that were doing them for £18 and thought for that price I'll give it a go.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/171952597407?roken=cUgayN

At first I didn't like them but they are now growing on me.
What do you chaps think?

Side1.jpg

Side2.jpg

Side3.jpg

Nice Les ,adds a little something and as others have said easy to remove change colour etc if the mood takes you.

Benjs said:
Phil 997 said:
Benjs said:

I did think about asbo orange :?:

But if he does a graphite i'll probably try that

Is that the colour the alloys are going mate, no not asbo orange graphite :floor:

Phil 997 said:
Benjs said:

Phil997, can you actually buy an Acid Green bonnet badge? If you know of somewhere I wouldn't mind the link :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back