Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Light up-date

effy

Spa-Francorchamps
Here's a full rear view with the Matt Black badges, plus a cheeky side shot after a wash 8)

Attachments

• rear_173.jpg
    rear_173.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 6,019
  • side_224.jpg
    side_224.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 6,019
Just looks so much better mate, that matt silver the originals come in date the cars and this or chrome dependant on body colour refreshes the cars :thumb: :grin: but for a zero cost option yours wind hands down :D

Phil 997 said:
Just looks so much better mate, that matt silver the originals come in date the cars and this or chrome dependant on body colour refreshes the cars :thumb: :grin: but for a zero cost option yours wind hands down :D

:D

Maybe it needs a more appropriate reg number for it`s owner :wink: :D

chaser said:

That's nice, I would like that :)

effy said:

It doesn`t really mean anything to me, I bought it from a mate to get the 55 plate off.......... could be persuaded to part with it :whistle:

chaser said:
effy said:

It doesn`t really mean anything to me, I bought it from a mate to get the 55 plate off.......... could be persuaded to part with it :whistle:

pm sent

chaser said:

Chaser, that's the first time I have seen your car mate , looks lovely :thumb: :bandit:

I'm going to be doing the same to my Carrera S :grin: it looks so much better on silver .

Very nice :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Chaser, that's the first time I have seen your car mate , looks lovely :thumb: :bandit:

Cheers Phil......I`d say it looks dirty :D That was at Reims last week after 2k miles of bugs and brake dust :lol:

chaser said:
Phil 997 said:

Cheers Phil......I`d say it looks dirty :D That was at Reims last week after 2k miles of bugs and brake dust :lol:

Mate if that after 2k of driving looks very good , only the allows look like they need a clean. :thumb:

What year is your car and how did you blacken up your letters? Looks nice, I was thinking of buying a red S for mine but feelinging the all black now

Mine is a 2009, I removed the S first, using a hair dryer onto the S until it was hot, then used some dental floss in a see saw motion behind the badge and it came off easy, I then used my thumb to remove the gum left behind.
I used some thinners and a cloth to remove the coating on the badge, it takes a while but once you get through the lacquer it starts to show the Black underneath, then it's a matter of keep rubbing it until all the Silver disappears, the same with the Carrera badge. Job done.

You could just remove and repaint with a satin black or any colour rattle can.

I thought about painting it, but then thought the paint will wear off after time, this way it will stay Black

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back