Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Turbo at Terminal Velocity - 205mph :D

AdeD

So yesterday i returned to Terminal Velocity, a VMAX type event held on a 1.3 mile Runway at RAF Woodbridge.

This is my 3rd time at one of these events but the first time since I added the IPD Plenum, Y Pipe and Aquamist Water Meth kit, i've also lost a bit of weight, well the car has, with the GT2RS carbon seats and HRE wheels so i was keen to see how it performs.

The first time i ran with just an ESMotor Remap & Exhaust i achieved a respectable 191mph, the 2nd visit i did a single run managing 189mph however the car didn't feel right and checking the logs they showed a faulty lambda sensor so no more running for me on that day.

So, fast forward a few months what was today going to bring... Arriving on site the conditions look good, phew!. A quick check of the car and plug in of the Cobb Access Port to start logging and off i run and do my first run... 196mph! While i was obviously chuffed with that it beating my previous best it reached that quite early and the car felt hesitant and spluttering... checking the logs Emre tells me that i was bouncing off the limiter in 6th gear, err whoops!!!

All that adrenalin and i hadn't even noticed. As i was running in Sport Plus mode we decided to keep it to Sport only giving us an extra 7th gear... and straight away did a run hitting a whopping 202mph taking the top position for the day so far... To say i was over the moon is an understatement. The car ran flawless and felt solid on it's H&R springs and TPC Racing DSC Module. Emre assured me that intake and exhaust temps were lower than standard and everything else was well within Porsche recommended limits showing me on his laptop screen the stats, it's so reassuring to know everything is safe :).

A couple of hours go by and my 202mph was topped by another ES tuned Porsche, a 997.1 Manual with the ES700 package, which did 205mph. After nagging from me Emre assured me he can likely get some more out so after analysing my logs and a bit of tweaking he uploaded a fresh map and i went out for another run.... and boom, straight away equalled the 205mph... This man is a genius, i was so flipping happy with 205mph, as far as we're aware this makes it the quickest 997 PDK in the UK and the first to break 200mph! :)

Here are a couple of my vbox stats from the day

0 - 300kph (Close to Bugatti Veyron territory)

0-300KPH.jpg

100 - 200 kph

62-124.jpg

and a photo of the car, complete with my own brand of paint protection tape :D :D

AdrianES650TV-small.jpg

What the dash looked like at 205mph GPS :)

Screenshot-web.jpg

This car is no joke. Adrian took me down the runway and my god does it move. The power just doesn't let up!! Even 2 up we managed 204gps.

Here is our run...

https://instagram.com/p/BK0AtIvgN9I/

AdeE

Coolio...you must be happy...more to come???

How the F*** did you take a picture at 205gps !!!

WOW and another 1100 rpm to go 8)

Would it have hit the rev limiter if you had the space ?

Fantastic looking car btw.

FRP said:
AdeE

Coolio...you must be happy...more to come???

How the F*** did you take a picture at 205gps !!!

Maybe, quite happy with that thought tbh but you know how addictive it can be :)

We had a GoPro attached to the steering wheel, i'm not that brave lol :D

Alfaian said:

Cheers, yeah there's more in it if there was the room, it was still climbing at a steady rate... :D

Brilliant Adrian, great service from the ES guys and a fantastic car you have there.

Nice one ! 8)

AdeD said:
Alfaian said:

Cheers, yeah there's more in it if there was the room, it was still climbing at a steady rate... :D

That's madness and I bet the ole heart was going faster than the flat 6 :lol:

These really are fantastic cars for the money 8)

Re: ES650 911 Turbo at Terminal Velocity - 205mph :D

AdeD said:
So yesterday i returned to Terminal Velocity, a VMAX type event held on a 1.3 mile Runway at RAF Woodbridge.

This is my 3rd time at one of these events but the first time since ESMotor added the IPD Plenum, Y Pipe and Aquamist Water Meth kit, i've also lost a bit of weight, well the car has, with the GT2RS carbon seats and HRE wheels so i was keen to see how it performs.

The first time i ran with just an ESMotor Remap & Exhaust i achieved a respectable 191mph, the 2nd visit i did a single run managing 189mph however the car didn't feel right and checking the logs they showed a faulty lambda sensor so no more running for me on that day.

So, fast forward a few months what was today going to bring... Arriving on site the conditions look good, phew!. A quick check of the car and plug in of the Cobb Access Port to start logging and off i run and do my first run... 196mph! While i was obviously chuffed with that it beating my previous best it reached that quite early and the car felt hesitant and spluttering... checking the logs Emre tells me that i was bouncing off the limiter in 6th gear, err whoops!!!

All that adrenalin and i hadn't even noticed. As i was running in Sport Plus mode we decided to keep it to Sport only giving us an extra 7th gear... and straight away did a run hitting a whopping 202mph taking the top position for the day so far... To say i was over the moon is an understatement. The car ran flawless and felt solid on it's H&R springs and TPC Racing DSC Module. Emre assured me that intake and exhaust temps were lower than standard and everything else was well within Porsche recommended limits showing me on his laptop screen the stats, it's so reassuring to know everything is safe :).

A couple of hours go by and my 202mph was topped by another ES tuned Porsche, a 997.1 Manual with the ES700 package, which did 205mph. After nagging from me Emre assured me he can likely get some more out so after analysing my logs and a bit of tweaking he uploaded a fresh map and i went out for another run.... and boom, straight away equalled the 205mph... This man is a genius, i was so flipping happy with 205mph, as far as we're aware this makes it the quickest 997 PDK in the UK and the first to break 200mph! :)

Here are a couple of my vbox stats from the day

0 - 300kph (quicker than a Bugatti Veyron)

0-300KPH.jpg

100 - 200 kph

62-124.jpg

and a photo of the car, complete with my own brand of paint protection tape :D :D

AdrianES650TV-small.jpg

What the dash looked like at 205mph GPS :)

Screenshot-web.jpg

Wowzers! Great post, very interesting. That's one bad boy car you've got there!
I'm gonna have to get to one of these events! I recently got my car back from 9e and I'm so pleased with it. I've had a speedo read 204mph out of it but like you, I was on the limiter and forgot to hook 7th in all the excitement :cop: :judge:
I guess you launched in sport+ and switched to sport on the move so you could hook 7th?? Bloody amazing machines aren't they? :thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
I'm gonna have to get to one of these events! I recently got my car back from 9e and I'm so pleased with it. I've had a speedo read 204mph out of it but like you, I was on the limiter and forgot to hook 7th in all the excitement :cop: :judge:
I guess you launched in sport+ and switched to sport on the move so you could hook 7th?? Bloody amazing machines aren't they? :thumbs:

Yes, my speedo was showing exactly 204mph when hitting the limiter in 6th as well, nice to see they're consistent... Oh and you guessed right as well, launch in Sport Plus then switch to Sport when you get to 6th gear :)

Here's the raw footage of the speedo from 0 - 210mph..

AdeD said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Yes, my speedo was showing exactly 204mph when hitting the limiter in 6th as well, nice to see they're consistent... Oh and you guessed right as well, launch in Sport Plus then switch to Sport when you get to 6th gear :)

Brilliant. I'll have to try and remember next time! All that speed gave me brain freeze.
My brakes started going off after some spirited driving that day so I'm seriously thinking of going PCCB. And I might go those gorgeous gloss black GT2RS centre lock wheels while I'm at it. Research time. Get rid of some more money.... :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back