Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Superyacht video (added a new vid)

isysman

Daytona
Hi folks, well I managed to finally edit my footage from the summer season and put it into a short film, similar to the one I did earlier in the year of the yacht docking in Monaco.

This one is sea footage and some crew operations such as docking, anchor operations etc. Let me know what you think.

Seems to be a lot of interest in this topic. WHen I first posted this stuff on my Youtube and Instagram etc I wasn't expecting any interest really but my last video has had over 20,000 views! :eek:

Another great vid mate, look forward to the next one :thumb:

Wow, excellent! Everything so, so clean and shiney! I was half expecting the anchor to be finished in chrome plate.

Such a glam industry to be in. And it did cross my mind watching that, is your knob red raw from $ha55ing all the super fit birds associated with super yacht's ??

Been to Capri. Nice. Been to Croatia too but it looked nowt like that last time I was there. But that's another story.

Nice vid

:thumbs:

Norfolk & Idea said:
Wow, excellent! Everything so, so clean and shiney! I was half expecting the anchor to be finished in chrome plate.

Such a glam industry to be in. And it did cross my mind watching that, is your knob red raw from $ha55ing all the super fit birds associated with super yacht's ??

Been to Capri. Nice. Been to Croatia too but it looked nowt like that last time I was there. But that's another story.

Nice vid

:thumbs:

Thanks fellas.

Reference the super fit ladies, well they flock to he owners of these boats (no matter how old/ugly) not us crew. The yachting industry is like 21st century Downton Abbey. Slightly better conditions and pay but the rest of it is the pretty much the same! Most of the stewardesses that work onboard are pretty tasty though.

Fascinating video...

Reminds me so much of my own summer holidays. :floor:

Do you actually do any work on these jaunts :dont know: If no have you got any vacancies :thumb:

Zingari said:
Do you actually do any work on these jaunts :dont know: If no have you got any vacancies :thumb:

Haha I know it seems like I'm not doing anything but I shot footage over a one month period. Many anchors etc to get all the angles. Foryuntaly we all wear a uniform so we look the same.

In actual fact I have less work when guests are onboard as I just maintain, monitor and troubleshoot if needbe. All the big projects are done in port.

that is some next level wealth right there. My understanding of working on these yachts is that can lucrative, mega hard work and super competitive to get into.
A mate works as a captain on one based out of Florida and he was telling me some stories....

FZP said:
that is some next level wealth right there. My understanding of working on these yachts is that can lucrative, mega hard work and super competitive to get into.
A mate works as a captain on one based out of Florida and he was telling me some stories....

My previous boat MY A was on another level to this! He spent $300,000 to have a vet stay onboard for about 5 months when his dog was sick. He also was going to buy a helicopter in Thailand just so his wife who was pregnant at the time would come onboard. (Zion case she needed to leave quickly).

isysman said:
FZP said:

My previous boat MY A was on another level to this! He spent $300,000 to have a vet stay onboard for about 5 months when his dog was sick. He also was going to buy a helicopter in Thailand just so his wife who was pregnant at the time would come onboard. (Zion case she needed to leave quickly).
Proper Billionaire! That looked like some boat to work on.

Strangely compelling viewing !

Is it more floating office than gin palace? Every minute must be costing a fortune so i would assume some money gets generated somewhere :D

You would not wany your fingers anywhere near that anchor chain!

Crazy money indeed. Another world money.... Jammy bar stewards

If it floats, flies or phuks.... Hire it! As they say. :)

Senoj said:

Is it more floating office than gin palace? Every minute must be costing a fortune so i would assume some money gets generated somewhere :D

You would not wany your fingers anywhere near that anchor chain!

Oh yes it costs money even when it's not being used. You have to run generators even in port to power everything and depending on the size, it can cost €30k a month in fuel.

On MY A it cost about €320k to fill the fuel tanks. When we went to Thailand it cost approx €1.2 million in fuel to get there.

Senoj said:

The gentleman who owns A has (according to Forbes) wealth in excess of $10bn in the Russian mineral, chemical and energy sectors. He has board meetings to attend to I am sure, but even the costs of operating huge yachts are well within his means I would say. MY A was in the news recently as it was parked on the Thames next to HMS Belfast for a little while, and is apparently for sale due to an even larger replacement currently in the later stages of construction.

Were I an extravagant billionaire with a desire for a boat I would be looking for something a lot more like Paul Allen's Octopus or the one that the richest guy in New Zealand has reportedly just put on the market though. I love that A exists, but I can't say that the aesthetic really works for me.

The really sobering thought about all of this though is that even were you to win this weeks bumper £109m Euromillions : you wouldn't even nearly be wealthy enough to buy into these kind of toys. Even hiring them is serious 6 figure sums per week. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back