Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 ABS/4WD warning lights problem

flying_scotsman

So the old 964 seemed to be coping well with the rigours of my 1000 mile trek to Barcelona. Until yesterday, when the ABS/4WD warning lights were triggered as we clattered over a particularly badly aligned bridge expansion joint on the Viaduc de Millau. Pull over, switch off ignition, restart - fault cleared.

Or so I thought until I set off again this morning after an overnight stop. Another bad bridge joint, another fault - cleared again. And it's happened a few times more, sometimes quite a mild bump seemed to set it off, while some quite severe irregularities (the rumble strips on the approach to the autoroute paybooths at Barcelona) didn't cause any problem.

Should I be getting this looked at while I'm in Barcelona - if so, any suggestions of where? Or is it OK to live with this until I get home at the weekend?

MODS - can you please copy/move this thread to a more appropriate section if likely to generate more responses.

I had a similar problem for months and it turned out to be the accelerometers which needed a good clean out. Other than a few lights on the dash there were no other symptoms. Hope this is the case with yours and if so you should be fine until you get home.

Ghengis said:
I had a similar problem for months and it turned out to be the accelerometers which needed a good clean out. Other than a few lights on the dash there were no other symptoms. Hope this is the case with yours and if so you should be fine until you get home.

Thanks Ghengis. This sounds very similar - so, with the reassurance that I have received from this and a couple of responses in the Members lounge, I intend to enjoy the drive home as much as I did the outward one, and deal with the problem when I get back.

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi there,

When you get back from BCN have a read of this and give me a shout if you get stuck.

I probably spent 30 or 50 hours troubleshooting a similar problem before I got to the accelerometer testing. I may be able to share some tips.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=107612&highlight=accelerometer

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve - some detailed and useful info there. I won't be trying to find the problem and fix it myself - lack of expertise and facilities, particularly if it means repairing a circuit board. But I'll pass your link on to my indy when I take the 964 in to get it fixed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back