Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1995 993 C2 Brightwells; 25 bags

kerb scraper

Nurburgring

Attachments

• 1fbd8bedc582cd915cd9e1fdea0a3f6e_209.jpg
    1fbd8bedc582cd915cd9e1fdea0a3f6e_209.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 8,834
I reckon I will be doing an "on the books" bid for up to 24/25 bags depending on the buyers premium ......... perhaps a phone call on Monday .......... :)

Zingers you might just get your 993 for 25bags ........ plus buyers premium ........ ;)

p.s. Whoops just noticed it has no air con so that will be a no-go for Mr Z ........ lol ....... ;)

Looks pretty Ok. No a/c a pity but like interior and earlier (964 I think) seats. Not mad on white lights and is that a body colour spoiler from an S?

:hand: 25 bags is the top end of the estimate. Looks a bit messed with but appears correct spec for '95 year given snorkel air intake and the sports seats fitted were the only ones available '94-'95 and a new pattern over 964. Quite some service gap years?

Owned by a speculator I suspect, who bought at the right price 3yrs ago and will whack it through the block for a quick and easy sale with some extra wedge :roll:

Here's a classic summary:

The vendor acquired the car three years ago and has used it on special occasions only, covering just under 1,000 miles during that period. He states that the car drives very well, the only known faults being that the oil pressure gauge sometimes needs a tap to get it reading properly, the rear spoiler warning light occasionally comes on but soon clears itself, and the odometer/trip meter has very recently ceased to function so the mileage currently displayed is perhaps 100 miles lower than the actual distance covered.
:floor:

He'll probably get c40 bags as once people get wrapped up in the aura of seeing what the Austin A40 Deluxe and Bedford Dormobile fetch they'll be intoxicated by the smell of stale crusty leather :what:

Mads, Lot #109 has your name on it :thumb:

I have always wanted to do a RS rep... :?:

I kind of think that the auction house isn't without knowledge and has put the guide there for a reason?
Flicking through the pictures I see chassis plate missing from drivers door catch?
I'm not for a moment suggesting it's cat c or d but wonder if 1k miles in 3 years it has had that kind of damage repaired but stayed off the hpi register maybe.
Or maybe an engine rebuild or other big ticket repairs are known to be due? Would need to see it in the flesh to know I suppose.

The porsche sale at Silverstone in October is a good visit, that will tell people for sure how the market is going, they have the full range of every era car, it was packed last year.

ms2015 said:
I kind of think that the auction house isn't without knowledge and has put the guide there for a reason?
***** through the pictures I see chassis plate missing from drivers door catch?
I'm not for a moment suggesting it's cat c or d but wonder if 1k miles in 3 years it has had that kind of damage repaired but stayed off the hpi register maybe.
Or maybe an engine rebuild or other big ticket repairs are known to be due? Would need to see it in the flesh to know I suppose.

Early ones didn't have the sticker on the B post. Saying that, how early is early I'm unsure of.

if you go on to the siverstone sale 2016 website, they are compiling the lots for October, I just noticed a blue 964 coupe with estimate at 15k to 20k, said to be in vgc. with details to follow.

Last year they said they had turned down loads of cars that weren't good enough, so I think the standard is good.

I wonder if they enlist Porsche Silverstone to do the pre-sale inspections.

The seats are very correct
Widebody recaros.
Much better than hardbacks
They grip you.
Birds can't get out of them

Guesses please guys
I'll guess at thirty nine thousand inc the auction fees
Beat that

It all looks sweet as a nut until you read the odometer doesn't work-
Surely any sensible vendor prior to sending a car to auction would get the bloody odometer working??

Silverstone had a comparable 993 up for auction in last years lots-o-Porsches:

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1995-porsche-911-993-c2

This one was a tip on similar miles to the Brightwell's one. Estimate was £30-35k. It didn't sell, so presumably never made its reserve? Perhaps Kimbo is right and even auction houses cannot shift lovely tiptronics?

Remember not to let the investment potential detract from the sheer driving pleasure of these free-revving 993s. I'm sure I've read that somewhere, but can't recall where?

stuttgartmetal said:
I'll guess at thirty nine thousand inc the auction fees
Beat that

I'll guess at twenty nine thousand exc the auction fees. So exactly the same amount as you, S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back