Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introduction 993 Carrera

911SE

Hi All,
Been lurking here for a while so it's about time for an introduction. I'm Swedish but living with my family in Zurich, although working in Dumbarton Scotland so tend to spend most week days up there. I've been into older Porsches for years and have a 911 from 1971 but the 993 is something which is all new to me.

The "new to me" 1995 Carrera is a manual with LSD and a very loud sports exhaust which I bought last spring. At the time I wasn't even looking to buy a 993 but this was one of those deals too good to miss. The thing is that I was abroad and the guy needed cash the very same evening as we found out about the sale, bummer! So I did what every normal person would do, sent the wife and a friend to buy a car which I hadn't even seen in the flesh...

Now having spent some time in the car I must say that the risk paid off, it's been a lovely car to enjoy the the alp passes with and the highlight this summer was a trip to Le Mans Classic. The car is definitely growing on me and I intend to use it as much as I can.

First thing I did when I got it was a full service, oil, spark plugs, air/fuel/oil/coupe filters and a proper wash, being new to 993's this took about 3x as long as anticipated...

It came on 18's so I sourced a set of Cup2's and fitted a fresh set of Michelin PS2's and raised the front ride height some 15 mm before sending it off for geo. It rides sooo much better now.

Being an old car there's obviously a list of items to attend, most imminent being a very heavy and clonky clutch.

A shot pre ride height and wheel change
IMG_0246_zpsabk31iq9.jpg

Regards,
Magnus

Welcome. Enjoy the car, looks great in the photo :thumb:

Great looking car and welcome. ;)

I'm currently looking for a full width front splitter and had resigned myself to the RS/GT2 item, however yours looks to be full width from the pic. Do you have any idea who's or what it is?

C.

ride height

That car looks so good with the lowered ride height and gold centred wheels! I would want to keep as is!

Looks great. Love the wheels.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Agree that the 18's look great with their gold centres, but they were just a bit too unpractical for daily use, a pain to clean and I also wanted slightly taller rubber. That said, they're in pristine condition and are now safely stuffed away in our basement.
Also liked the look of the ride height but again, bit too unpractical and too much bump steer for my liking.

cableguy said:
I'm currently looking for a full width front splitter and had resigned myself to the RS/GT2 item, however yours looks to be full width from the pic. Do you have any idea who's or what it is?

C.

I too like the look of it, I don't know the manufacturer it but I'll try to remember to check that next time I'm with the car (in about 2 weeks). The Swiss eqvivalent to UK's MOT are pretty difficult with mods and I remember the front splitter being included in the car reg doc's so there's a pretty good chance we'll find out. Feel free to remind me if u don't hear back from me.

Magnus,

Hope you are well and enjoying the car.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

All is well thanks and hope you're too? Car's definitely growing on me.

Cheers,
Magnus

Hej 911SE, lovely looking 93.

I also part live in Trosa SE plus Wilmslow in Cheshire UK and have previously worked in Zürich CH.

Is your car LHD? looks great as is but do post some updated pics for us.

Grattis on your purchase and enjoy in good health :)

Med và¤nliga hà¤lsningar, Mark :thumb:

future said:
Hej 911SE, lovely looking 93.

I also part live in Trosa SE plus Wilmslow in Cheshire UK and have previously worked in Zürich CH.

Is your car LHD? looks great as is but do post some updated pics for us.

Grattis on your purchase and enjoy in good health :)

Med và¤nliga hà¤lsningar, Mark :thumb:

Thanks for the welcome Mark!

A drive in Piemonte IT planned for next weekend so will take some phone snaps then. And yes its a LHD, Swiss delivery.
Its a small world, I too used to live in Cheshire some 14 years ago, worked at a Peugeot tech centre at the time...

Cheers,
Magnus

Managed to sneak away from the family for a spirited drive in the Piemonte hills yesterday, roads were clear from traffic and it was definitely the most fun I've had behind the wheel for some time.

IMG_0846_zps3tqikln3.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back