Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not so new, not so daily - my jalopy reborn.

CarreraMonkey

OK, so after the wife swapped out her 996 Convertible for a 997 Convertible I knew the writing was on the wall for my 996 C4S, although I didn't expect to get the job done quite as quickly as I did...

This popped up on Auto trader and I just couldn't help myself..

1B234590-F9C7-428C-8BD3-FED8E02A8945_zpsv9maoaxu.jpg

Its a 2007 997.1 C4s with 2 owners, good history, 46k on the clock (now 47k) and a mad spec list..

A5AEECD4-9EF2-4FCA-8EB1-8A69475AF905_zpsxw2gi5gn.jpg

So it's got an X51 kit, sports chassis with LSD, sports chrono, sports adaptive seats, 19" sports design wheels and a few other bits that you can decode if you're interested.

I'm just getting used to it, but it's quite a lot different to the 996 C4S!

I haven't had a chance to detail it yet or take any decent pictures, but I've got a few from the dealer that I'll update once I've been through it properly.

IMG_9166_zpslrap0rdb.jpg

IMG_0341_zpslfpbx7tn.jpg

IMG_7035_2_zpste3ce2mb.jpg

IMG_2262_zps06cxnjtn.jpg

I've just swapped out the interior lights, number plate lights and side repeaters for LED items, need to install a blue tooth unit, might paint the wheels black and may fit black tail pipes, otherwise it will stay as it is.

I've named it 'El Conejo Rojo' in honour of the original red 911 race car, which is cheesy, but works for me.

:lol:

Hope you like it.

Wow that is stunning :bow: In guards red too! Looks superb and no doubt it will be getting a thorough detail. looking forward to seeing the results.

That is some spec.

Really something special that car. :thumb:

That really is a lovely car Monkey, you did get a great deal there.
I am liking the idea of dark alloys, black, anthersite or similar. :thumb:
and a nice custom red bonnet badge would look good IMO :thumb:

Attachments

• dsc_0935_zps9607bdbb_908.jpg
    dsc_0935_zps9607bdbb_908.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8,911
911tom said:
Wow that is stunning :bow: In guards red too! Looks superb and no doubt it will be getting a thorough detail. looking forward to seeing the results.

Thanks Tom.

Yeah, it's a sweet ride for sure. There's some lights scratches on the bonnet that I want to do some paint correction on, so it should make for a nice 'how to'. I'll also put some C4(C5) on the plastics and do a how to on that as well.

coullstar said:
So how different is it to the 996 then?

Well it's interesting. The day I went to look at it, I bought it and drove it home (yes, no PPI again..but you know what I'm like..) from Manchester.

After an hour or so, I was thinking 'hmm, not sure I like it!!'. Firstly, by all accounts the steering on 997's is a little lighter and this is the case with the red car. In addition the sports chassis really changes the feel of the car, so it feels a lot different ride wise generally, with the springs and 19" wheels. Power wise, yes, it has more torque, but the gearing seems very similar - it does just over 100mph in 3rd (allegedly) but just gets there a little quicker.

On the road, the most noticeable thing is the torque really and a gentle press on the accelerator has an immediate effect.

The sports button also seems to add to the fun, although I suspect it's more placebo than anything else for me. :lol:

M9JOC said:
That is some spec.

Really something special that car. :thumb:

Thanks. It's pretty special for sure. It's actually quite hardcore as a daily driver, but the seats mean that it's not as uncomfortable as you'd expect.

I love the short carbon pack and door guards as well. I love a bit of carbon about the place.

Phil 997 said:
That really is a lovely car Monkey, you did get a great deal there.
I am liking the idea of dark alloys, black, anthersite or similar. :thumb:
and a nice custom red bonnet badge would look good IMO :thumb:

Thx mate.

There's a fella in the village with a 991 GTS with black wheels and pipes the vents. looks cool and I may do the same to mine. My intention was to paint the wheels black straight away, but I don't mind them too much at the moment. They're more grey than bright alloy silver.

Red badge is cool, but perhaps gilding the lilly? :?:

I fitted these last night, but am not sure I really like them. :?

They're a bit too chunky.

IMAG1577_zpsghoe7eyq.jpg

IMAG1578_zpsskzhocyh.jpg

I might see if I can get some slimmer ones or will revert back to OG ones.

Phil - can you tell me where you got the red badge from?
Thanks. :thumb:

Stunning mate. Be interested to see the sport designs in another colour (not been tempted myself, but i do curse them every time i clean it)

Benjs said:
Stunning mate. Be interested to see the sport designs in another colour (not been tempted myself, but i do curse them every time i clean it)

a voila!

porsche-19-sport-design-oem-wheels2.jpg

Tombri said:
Phil - can you tell me where you got the red badge from?
Thanks. :thumb:

Hers the info Tombri,

https://www.facebook.com/Porschecrestscom-390130604461406/

Porsche Crests [[email protected]]

The guys name is Jim, he will make you any colour you like using Porsche paints . hes not the cheapest but they are different they take about 5 weeks to get from the states. you can have then filled with clear resin or unfilled so when you discussing what you want consider the options.

I have had mine (see pic) for about two years now no issues at all. :thumb: :grin: hope that helps

Attachments

• hoodcrests1312433533_477.jpg
    hoodcrests1312433533_477.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 8,787
  • car_washed1_203.jpg
    car_washed1_203.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 8,787
CarreraMonkey said:
I fitted these last night, but am not sure I really like them. :?

They're a bit too chunky.

IMAG1577_zpsghoe7eyq.jpg

IMAG1578_zpsskzhocyh.jpg

I might see if I can get some slimmer ones or will revert back to OG ones.

interesting you say they are chunky as monster has a set of those also and they do stick out a bit more than the stock ones. I have a different type and they don't seem as bulky. they are the tube type see pics

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_752.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_752.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 8,774
  • 34224_4_127.jpg
    34224_4_127.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 8,774

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member