Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Garage flooring

997man

Monza
I'm looking to cover my garage floor in rubber/pvc mats/tiles (no tittering at the back please).

Can anyone recommend a route to take ?
Anyone from Yorkshire with a suggestion ?

I did think about floor tiles and rubber tiles but ended up fitting Red carpet !!

It still looks good after 2 years !!

Last edited by a moderator:
No one believed me when I told my mates back home that the house I'd bought has carpet in the bathroom.....
They're going to send me to the looney bin when I tell them about this

Only problem with carpet is that someone might catch you hoovering it. Not a precedent I would want to set. :nooo:

As a fellow Yorkshireman its carpet tiles you need , most are 600x600 in size I got mine fron "carpet tiles online" but I've yet to fit them . My garage is 6m by 3.8m and with all the adhesive etc it came out at £260

Johnd52 said:
Only problem with carpet is that someone might catch you hoovering it. Not a precedent I would want to set. :nooo:

Haha my neighbours gave me a funny look when they saw me hoovering the garage. Even more so when they saw me hoovering the patio. F-ing wind kept blowing the leaves around, good ol Henry :D

I went for the rubber tiles from bigdug.co.uk. Someone mentioned a direct route with the manufacturer of said tiles which will save a few quid. Do a search for my 'project garage' thread if you go down this route.

My mate has the rubber tiles from garage pride and they look excellent. Plan on investing in them as soon as I can schedule the time/muster the energy to clear the garage to lay them.

Another vote for carpet tiles. Purchased enough to cover the floor of a double garage for £40 off eBay.

I use a board under the jack and axle stands, they have been down 3 years with no problems and yes I do hoover them.

I'm a fan of the epoxy flooring for that McLaren F1 factory look. Looks cost effective too.

I did my garage 4 years ago with http://mototile.com. The tiles themselves were easy to cut (used a jigsaw) but the skirting wasn't at all - I'd not use that again. The Gulf colours wouldn't have been so bad if the gardeners hadn't used the garage as a shortcut when it was redone. And if the family remembered to wipe their feet. I'd go with dark grey next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted mototile to my garage floor about 2 years ago and they are spot on.

Best thing I ever did.

No more dust or cold concrete.

These guys are at goodwood etc.

If you google they come up

S A Watt said:
I fitted mototile to my garage floor about 2 years ago and they are spot on.

Best thing I ever did.

No more dust or cold concrete.

These guys are at goodwood etc.

If you google they come up

The only issue I've had is they warp in the sun if I leave the door open on a warm day. But they do go back to their correct shape later. Good to sit kneel on too when I'm working on my bikes etc. And I've even pressure washed them a few times when the garage needed a clean.

I bough the dark gray and the electric blue ones and put then checker board style. I didn't go for skirting and glad I didn't by sound of it.

Mine don't warp with the sun. Maybe not as hot in Scotland. I have had a warp under the hot engine but I just put a carpet square there and it's solved. They go back naturally.

I looked at all sorts of stuff and was about to buy this...

http://www.dynotile.co.uk

After much research it turned out the company is half a mile from me!

In the end I went for porcelain tiles, as they are really dense and you can jack up your car off them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back