Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cleaning PU

Osh

Paul Ricard
Morning guys

planning on spending a lot of time washing and cleaning the P&J this weekend.

One thing i want to do is to get the plastic between the bonnet and the windscreen looking a LOT better; over the years its faded in colour from black to a medium-light grey and i'd like to do something about it.

Any ideas on what i can do to clean it up...??

Ta guys

I have the same issue. I tried some back to black/silicone type thing but it isn't perfect and only lasts a few weeks.

Does it come out easy, could it be painted/dyed?

Get it carbon dipped mate, :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• 10car_139.jpg
    10car_139.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 5,187
  • 14car_116.jpg
    14car_116.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 5,187
I use the Autoglym gel stuff. Seems to last ages

I use Auto Glym bumper and trim gel. I recently did all of the plastic under the frunk and a day later it had almost all absorbed so gave it another thick coating and now it looks as good as new. can also be used for other small exterior plastics such as by the mirrors, wiper arms etc.

I've used / use the AG stuff too, and it gives a nice finish, but I don't think it lasts long at all.

C4 is permanent and for the new cars will be one of the first things that gets done (after applying C5 to wheels).

excuse the junk in the frunk but you get the idea...

and that's a 2001 car

CarreraMonkey said:
Gtechnic c4

Trust me. You wont need anything on it again for a while.... 8)

I bought that a while ago and I really think I'm going to give that a go this weekend...

Do you clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol before applying?

ualla said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Gtechnic c4

I bought that a while ago and I really think I'm going to give that a go this weekend...

Yes. It's really important to really thoroughly clean the surface with alcohol to ensure there is no grease or contaminates. Wipe it(C4) on with a non lint pad or similar, then wipe off straight away with a MF cloth. Just 'dust it off' rather than 'buff it off'.

CarreraMonkey said:
ualla said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Gtechnic c4

Yes. It's really important to really thoroughly clean the surface with alcohol to ensure there is no grease or contaminates. Wipe it(C4) on with a non lint pad or similar, then wipe off straight away with a MF cloth. Just 'dust it off' rather than 'buff it off'.

Cheers CM - where can i buy C4 from; is it available in the likes of Halfrauds...??

Osh

Is the Gtechnic c4 a clear or white liquid and if so how does this restore greying trim back to black?

Osh said:
CarreraMonkey said:
ualla said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Gtechnic c4

Cheers CM - where can i buy C4 from; is it available in the likes of Halfrauds...??

Osh
Osh, no order it online now and ask for delivery tomorrow. You should be OK to get it delivered tomorrow morning.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back