Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dying Battery

gilessav

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

Looks like my battery is on the way out. The C-Tek charger is now showing red (error) when I plug in via the cigarette lighter or direct to the battery and won't go above level 5 on the charger before reverting to the above.

I've tried both the AGM and recondition modes which used to work fine so can only assume its slowly dying. The car starts but sounds slower cranking and the alternator is only 2.5 years old and the gauge shows 14v when running so I doubt the charging itself is an issue.

do people agree its likely on its last legs and any recommendations for best replacement and source (will also do a search on here). Last Bosch battery was 12-05-2010 according to the service history.

cheers,

Giles.

Look like a Bosch S5 is the like for like replacement, best price from Carpartsforless at £105 delivered with current 10% discount unless others know of a better deal elsewhere....

Another vote for carpartsforless - I bought a bosch from them for my 997 the other week. If you go via topcashback you can get an additional discount also.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back