Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Viewing an '01 Boxster 3.2S - What to look for?

segart

Nurburgring
Hi Guys and Gals,
I am helping a friend find a surprise present for her hubby. She wants to get him a Boxster. On Saturday I am viewing a 2001 3.2S Manual with 35k miles on the clock with 'most stamps in the service book' but no invoices to hand. Asking price is £8500 but includes a £2000 numberplate which can be sold on separately, so about £6500 is the asking price. I am in Jersey and whilst the mileage is low this is not unusual over here, where folks tend to use their sportscars for tootling around at the weekend.
Question is; what to look out for? I am told the rear plastic screen is yellowed and cracked. Should I look for a sooty tailpipe? Are there any obvious weak spots that I might spot?
Thanks for any help,
cheers
Rick

Thanks Pothole, that is spot on the money!
Rick

I bought a 2.5 new in 1998 and own one now and absolutely love it.
They are all great to drive but the risk increases with capacity on a 986.

Quick update. We bought a very nice '04 Boxster 2.7, from a trade dealer. It comes with a full one year warranty, has 24k miles with full history, is a Tip, and cost £7300. The car has been garaged all its life so looks very fresh.
Cheers
Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back