Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lambda faults

coullstar

Singapore
Folks, do lambda fault lights generally only come up the instant there is one or do they "store up over time until a predetermined amount have been logged.

Ive had a post lambda lean code come up twice after a good while so Im just wondering if its just a single incident condition to flag it up or an overall running issue.

The car appears to run fine with no issues at all. Its was a good 600-800miles between codes coming up and hasn't happened for a while. I replaced all lambdas with new Bosch items when the new system with 200cel cats went on.

Im going to swap them over to see if its the lambda or indeed the car that's the issue but was just wondering about how the codes are recorded.

The car has to go through a drive cycle that the engine management will do its checks. The management system will have to go in to closed loop to check things like cats and lambda sensors. If it sees a fault it will log it and monitor the system. When it gets to enough errors it will ping the MIL on the dash. It may store fault codes before this which can be read before the MIL comes on. Things like cats will be monitored for performance to check they are working correctly. The engine management can alter fuelling when driving and check the ability to store O2 so even though the car may pass an MOT gas test the management may log a P0420 and/or P0430 cat efficiency code.

Hope this makes sense.

Further to this I scanned this car this morning for upcoming faults and it was a P0139 O2 sensor 2, bank 1 slow response.

The other two times it has been P2096 - post cat too lean bank 1.

So either the post cat O2 sensor is at fault or something is working to damage it.

I'll give the MAF a clean as well then swap over the post cat sensors to see what happens. Anybody else had these issues when swapping to 200cel cats? The fact its on one bank suggests its the sensors though.

Do I possibly need to get a remap to help?

Unfortunately your best hope of finding out what is happening is by using a scope. I doubt you have one though? It could well be the cats not performing too well though. :nooo:

My money is on the lambda, as they are so sensitive you may have thought you transferred it without damage . but the slightest thing or knock and there done. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back