Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bosch Lambda Sensors Heads Up.

Chris_in_the_UK

Estoril
Morning gang.

Just a quick 'heads up' for those needing/wanting to swap their Lambda sensors.

www.buycarparts.co.uk have them on offer ATM for around £26 each - these are OEM Bosch BTW, OPC want £198 each including VAT and Porsche Tax....

Bloody hell! That's a bargain price

Chris_in_the_UK said:
DeathStar said:
Bloody hell! That's a bargain price

Which is why I have ordered a set - too good to miss TBH.

You're not wrong - good piece of forward thinking

Very timely.... I have just ordered some 200 cell cats as a little BH weekend project.
There looks to be quite a lot of choice - does anyone know which ones I will need for a 3.6 997? Is it likely I will need to replace all 4?
Thanks in advance

rob_p said:
Very timely.... I have just ordered some 200 cell cats as a little BH weekend project.
There looks to be quite a lot of choice - does anyone know which ones I will need for a 3.6 997? Is it likely I will need to replace all 4?
Thanks in advance

Depends on the year and if you have sports exhaust or not.

At the sort of money they are on offer for I would do all 4 TBH.

Blimey Chris, dam good price :thumb: :grin:

I'm sure everyone knows but just in case ....

Its better to replace lambda sensors in pairs , the reason is for lambda sensor ageing ...

The signal duration can get slower over the years , if you fit 1 new sensor then you will probably after a few days get an eml with the code for ageing as one sensor will be faster than the other and the car monitors for this.

You don't have to change all 4 for any fault but I would always recommend that they are replaced as a pair though for either a post or pre cat fault.

Anyone help me out on which part numbers I need for a 3.6?

rob_p said:
Anyone help me out on which part numbers I need for a 3.6?

After checking a few websites I have concluded the following:
Pre cat - 99760617601
Post cat - 99760617701

Both were less than £30 each but the post cat ones I suspect may be sold out so let's see what happens....

Seems VERY cheap....?

I have received a dispatch confirmation e-mail so will report back once they arrive.....

Very good spot, that's 4 for under the price of one :eek:

I presume the 997 3.6 versions will interchange with a 996 3.6, let's hope that they can supply them

Just ordered :thumb:

Be careful to order the right ones for your car. The 04/05 cars need sensors that are over £100 on their site and it's only the later cars that benefit from the cheaper prices units!

The cost has gone up considerably, I'm looking at £119.98 each for a gen2 997 cabriolet on the website. Still change in the pocket compared to OPC for the same part. Mind you it probably doesn't come in a flimsy grey box with the word PORSCHE in red lettering. The box costs £70 alone from OPC without anything inside, :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back