Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Odd black box?

igaffz

Dose anyone know what this could be? I imagine some sort of old fashioned alarm/immobiliser.

It has a white knob and you can turn it high or low?

One of the wires goes to an odd lock that I don't have a key for?

I'm going to strip it out but was curious as to its function, I've googled the company and its an old electrics/scientific equipment company.

With a high and low setting don't think its an alarm more likely to be a warp drive unit :D

I'm guessing that is the sensitivity setting for the air pressure sensor of the alarm in the cabin. The key switch will be the master override/ valet.

I live for these guess what it is tests of yours pal :grin:

Ha, whatever it is I don't like it! Gonna strip it out but just a little bit scared of it :eek:

It took me half an hour to work out the other gubbins was the motor for the sun roof :oops:

It's the KITT model accessory - the white knob changes the pitch of the voice from low to high. It's like a speaking OBD that just repeats "It's ****ed" in 17 languages.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back