Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Broken Cabin Air vents

GARY S

Monza
My 997 is Gen 1 (54 plate). Within 3 yrs of ownership (still only done 43K miles) the cabin air vents on driver side & centre broke in that the "side to side" movement of vanes isn't working. When in for service at OPC every 2 yrs they quote £200 to replace/repair and as they still allow air to come through I have declined their offer. Has anyone else had this issue & is there a cheaper fix? Are parts available & are they an easy DIY replace?

You need superglue and a whole lot of patience. Mine went on my Boxster and the C4S. It's a bit fiddly but with something like a spring hook you can pull the bit which attaches to the vane back into place. Practice it before using the glue or you will only have one shot. Somewhere on here was a post showing how to do it. You are supposed to be able to remove the vent, I tried on the Boxster and failed, hence doing it in situ. Hope you succeed :thumbs:

Thanks Barneybee. Looks like I didn't have rogue vents fitted. I will summon up the courage & have a go one day. I don't want to try removing the vents in case I do more damage/scratch the facia etc

:pc: duel post :frustrated:

GARY S said:
Thanks Barneybee. Looks like I didn't have rogue vents fitted. I will summon up the courage & have a go one day. I don't want to try removing the vents in case I do more damage/scratch the facia etc

Gary , unless yours is a more unusual colour they are easy to get on ebay just buy a used replacement whole unit, saves any fiddling about quick swap and your sorted :thumb: :grin:

sounds more fun with a hook and a tube of superglue - now that could go disastorously wrong :D

seeforez said:
sounds more fun with a hook and a tube of superglue - now that could go disastorously wrong :D

Well yes there is the fun factor but with my DIT skills I would end up with a vent permanently mounted somewhere on my body, :grin: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back