Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A british rider wins a motogp race

paul987

Cal Crutchlow just became the first British rider to win a moto gp race since Barry Sheene in 1981 :worship: :worship: :worship: :thumbs:

Good lad Cal

great result and about time - he's been close to the top for a while - im going silverstone to see them in a couple of weeks

Long overdue IMHO.

Not been the luckiest of riders during his time in GP but always give it everything. Seems like a nice bloke too, nice one Cal :thumb:

Excellent result for Cal today. :lol:

He made an excellent tyre choice running hard compounds on both ends. Cal showed great determination and mastery of poor track conditions to come back from a mid-field position in the early laps to top of the podium at the end. Simply brilliant. :thumb:

Saw it with my own two eyes and still don't know how it happened. Team GBs on a roll....

Attachments

• image_437.jpeg
    image_437.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 11,512
Brilliant. I really didn't think that CC had it in him and am looking forward to watching it tomorrow night.

It's one of the few times I can forgive someone for giving the result in the title of a thread. :wink:

I was at Anderstorp when Barry Sheene won that GP and can't believe it's taken so long for a Brit to do it.

Nice of your dad to take you when you were....10? :)

Bonners1 said:
Nice of your dad to take you when you were....10? :)

LOL. I wish. :wink:

I'd been riding bikes for 5 years by then and was really into bike racing - especially GPs. Me and my mate were among 37 people on a coach trip. It rained that day too.

I finally got to watch the race this evening and full :worship: to CC.

Start 12th, drop to 15th and then run at a second a lap quicker than anyone else in the race. Brilliant. :thumbs:

Perfect set up for the British GP in 2 weeks time.

T8 said:
I finally got to watch the race this evening and full :worship: to CC.

Start 12th, drop to 15th and then run at a second a lap quicker than anyone else in the race. Brilliant. :thumbs:

Perfect set up for the British GP in 2 weeks time.

Agree Terry, he rode a blinder. I had become very disillusioned with him lately but that ride was a superb one.

He is as funny as hell in real life; at Oulton Park in 2004 he was riding an XR75 Honda round and round in circles in the pits, with a packet of fags taped to his leg as a knee slider and a pair of Stadium goggles on, all whilst yapping on his mobile with his left hand off the bars! Very funny to see. A real character.

I think his second place yesterday at Silverstone was probably more impressive than the win!

Good Job! Just need Marquez to have his share or bad luck to even things up for the GOAT! :thumbs:

I was at silverstone yesterday - Cal, Alex Lowes & Eugene all did well and what a result for Suzuki!! First win for years! - was brilliant right up to the time we tried to get out the car park - 2.5 hours to get moving and nearly 3 to get back to M1!

29192630600_2ac8767758_c.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back