Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

road trip spares to carry?

jhrfc

Spa-Francorchamps
I've done a forum search for this but no joy.
Doing a trip through France and Spain about 2500 miles. and am wondering what if any spares to take, and would like advice,
Bear in mind a) i am not capable of doing anything too advanced mechanically. and b) i won't have a lot of room in the car any way!
My cab is quite early, a 94.
My thoughts :
Oil (although it doesn't use much 1L will be fine)
DME relay, It does have a 993 part number, but should i take a spare anyway?
Tyre and brake pads, are fine for wear. drive the car regularly and everything seems fine.
Anything else?
Cheers
J

I would definitely take a spare DME relay and probably a spare fan belt unless its been replaced recently.

........ yup that and a few normal fuses ...... 993s never fail ...... er ..... well sometimes they do ......

September2012Europetour135_zps11a50f6b.jpg

I recommend taking a Christian :grin:

I was about to type...take a Christian as well!! ... Sound advice

In Spain you are supposed to have two warning triangles, one for front one for rear. Do you stil need the breathalyser kit in France? Spare bulbs.
Not much room for clothes with all that!! :?:

Don't forget water for the rads :eek:

High viz vests also, 1 for each occupant stored INSIDE the car so that you are wearing them when you get out of the car, not in the frunk :thumb:

Tent to cover the whole car when it rains as an alternative to postponing the trip if there's a bad weather forecast :grin:

Cleaning tackle
Rubber gloves in case you have to get your hands dirty :thumb:

Thanks for the advice.
In terms of useful spares, I'm taking dme relay, multipack of fuses, and fan and alt belts.
Although i would not be able to change them myself roadside, I do have good classic car breakdown cover.
I'm aware of all the bulb, and vest stuff too.
Cheers
J

I went round Africa on a motorcycle (the invincible HPN chassis#540) with just WD40 (God's Golden Fluid), DuckTape, Snap-On 91ACP adjustable wrench, a couple of allen keys and a Leatherman (with flathead and Philips).
Managed to fix the driveshaft in Zambia
Its all you need for a worry free trip in an air-cooled!
:grin:

Attachments

• driveshaft_mbala_473.jpg
    driveshaft_mbala_473.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 5,820
When I looked at that pic quickly, thought you'd constructed some sort of rear lounger side saddle arrangement for Mrs HPNer!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back