Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 got a friend

highway

Mexico City
How many cars does one man need?

Today I realise it's apparently 3. My Mrs is away as her poor mum has been diagnosed with stage 4 C. She will be moving in with us till the end. All very grim. Anyway, life is short. Interest rates now also lower than a centipedes belly.

I've always been a convertible lover. Today I bought a low miles Lotus Elise S1. I'm quite pleased with it! :grin:

Nice...

Sorry to hear about your mother in law.

Me to,just brought a one owner 79 converitble bug . It's on the boat now.to late for this summer mind

So sorry to hear about you mother in law. These horrible stages of life do make you question what it is all for. Congrats on the car. Had the pleasure of borrowing an s1 a few years back. It was a superb little thing. A petrolhead can never have too many cars lol. Just make sure you get some pics up :thumbs:

Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-Law. I'm sure being with her family will be a great comfort to her.

Nice purchase and having too many cars is never a problem. I'm currently running four this summer with another mid restoration. ;)

C.

Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law, never a good thing. Congratulations on the car though, I really like those. As said, you can't have too many.

MC

Bad new Steve on Mother-in-law :nooo: Thoughts with you chum at what will be a difficult time.

Just make sure you haven't done your dough on these converted speedboats. In the early days they reminded me of an old Fletcher speedboat we had in the family with the rough fibreglass that smelt of piss :what: Do they do an 'engine tidy' for these :dont know: and

e-needpics.gif

(Truth be told I was looking at one last year to have some fun in, although I'm not sure, despite a BAGA 3 gymnastics qualification from prep school I could execute the perfect entry and exit with catching my Cuban heels on the wide sill :roll:)

Thanks for the sentiment. I didn't wake up yesterday morning with the intention of buying a car. I've been looking for something sensible to replace my daily with but Mohitos refuses to let me have his M3!

I owned Elises when they were new in the late 90's. Fun on a drive upto 75 miles max at a time. More than that and they are a bit wearing. I know they don't have the 911 prestige but I'm surprised prices have stayed so sensible compared to everything else.

I sold my last one in 2002 and haven't driven one since. Climbing in was definitely easier in my late 20's/ early 30's. Picture someone trying to post a joint of ham through a letter box. :nooo: as you would expect I'm off for spot of cleaning ! :bye: (maybe a drive too)

Good man. You'll need a distraction. You've always liked those cars. Keep your chin up with Mum in law. I've been there. Very very difficult. Your children will get you through it.

Sorry to hear about your Mother in law Steve ........ I hope it ain't too tough for her and you all ....... :(

........ I have always quite fancied an Elise but I think I would have to hoisted in and out which is a bit of a problem ....... lol

Sorry to here the reason why but you'll soon figure out 3 is not enough, your getting there :wink:

Ps your 993 is in danger of becoming a garage queen :hand:

jonttt said:

:hand: It's nick-named the Eternal Flame as it never goes out :roll:

Zingari said:
jonttt said:

:hand: It's nick-named the Eternal Flame as it never goes out :roll:
floor:

Steve, sorry to hear the news. had a similar situation with MiL four years ago, and hospice for the last month. You only said your Mrs had gone to visit when we spoke on Wednesday. From experience it will be very tough on SWMBO and your little one. Hope his is not too crass a statement.
On the car front I would have gone for Mazda MX5 or a fiat 500C or Abarth.

My missus and I have both lost our Mums in the last 9 months so can empathise with the need for 'a distraction'.

We both already had 'toys' so we chopped our faithful 2.5 litre Lexus family car in for a 5.0 litre XF.

All the best for the tough times you've got ahead. :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back