Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic Insurance from Admiral

TobesEtc

Guys, just a heads up because one of you may be interested:

I am in the process of renewing my multicar policy, with Admiral. Obviously direct premium comparisions between us are irrelevant becuase of differing location, age, cars, etc etc... but when renewing my two cars and switching the 993 from regular to classic Insurance (only difference is agreed value now instead of market value) my total premium dropped from £834.98 on the renewal to £363.20. That is one hell of a drop and for two cars, in London, with two drivers on each - I'm not going to spend too much time looking elsewhere!

That's pretty compelling, I'm paying £850 for two cars/drivers, just outside London. Are there pre-conditions for their classic Insurance such as the cars need to be over a certain age and do under a certain mileage? Do they let you get it repaired where you want and does it include breakdown?

Thanks for the heads up Toby

Hey Tobs - So Admiral will do one car under an agreed value on a mulitcar now?

Also worth noting that if Admirals classic policy is the same as others you gain no no claims discount (not that it matters if you keep to classic policies)

They quoted my £797 for mine!!! I've got no convictions or claims, am old, do 3k miles max.

They said it wasn't 'old' enough! (it's a '97)

So I've stayed with classic line for about £320

Will

Will Statt said:
They said it wasn't 'old' enough! (it's a '97)

It needs to be 20 for Admiral to class it as a classic.

mohitos said:
Hey Tobs - So Admiral will do one car under an agreed value on a mulitcar now?

Seems so, I've got one regular, one classic on a multicar.

Benjs said:
Also worth noting that if Admirals classic policy is the same as others you gain no no claims discount (not that it matters if you keep to classic policies)

Policy doc (to which their portal gives me access alreay) specifically shows I have Protected NCB higher than their max discount, so accruing more is of moot value, but it does indicate NCB applies.

Hmm theirs is different then. But if they are 20 years and older thats higher than most so it sounds like it just may be a renamed regular policy. Either way nice saving

I tried them last year and they had a relatively low ceiling on their agreed value, has that changed?

wpozzz99zSS said:
I tried them last year and they had a relatively low ceiling on their agreed value, has that changed?
Rather depends on what you call a 'low ceiling'.
My agreed value for this year is £56.5k. ('94 NB manual coupe)
:thumb:

HPNer said:

That's before they knew how you drove it going down to Stuttgart.

Zorro said:
HPNer said:

That's before they knew how you drove it going down to Stuttgart.
Quite so . . .
:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back